Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Programing a PIC with the Board of Education and a BS2 — Parallax Forums

Programing a PIC with the Board of Education and a BS2

Ryan SmaglikRyan Smaglik Posts: 19
edited 2004-08-19 03:29 in BASIC Stamp
I need to find a way to program a PIC12F62 on the Board of Education using the BS2.

Any thoughts or instructions on how this can be accomplished?

Ryan

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-08-18 23:05
    Have a look at chapter 10 of Al Williams' book "Microcontroller Projects with BASIC Stamps"

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=27952

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • Ryan SmaglikRyan Smaglik Posts: 19
    edited 2004-08-18 23:29
    Problem is that I need to accomplish this by Friday, I wont receive the book in time.
    edited 2004-08-19 00:20
    Even if you had the book today, you might not get it done by Friday -- Al shows how to program the PICF84 and leaves anything else up to you.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Dallas Office
    edited 2004-08-19 00:28
    How does he set up so he can program the PICF84? I just need the setup, I already wrote the code in assembly.
    edited 2004-08-19 00:37
    There's a whole chapter devoted to it -- more than I can quote here. We can overnight the book to you (it'll cost more though) if you can't find it in a local book store. I've seen Al's book on several Barnes & Noble stores.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Dallas Office
    edited 2004-08-19 01:46
    Are you sure it's an entire chapter? The table of contents says its 3 pages... (If your talking about the APP-I PIC Programmer).

I just need the summary of what is on pages 419 and 420.

Not to be rude, but I came to the forum for knowledge and assistance with a project and I'm getting the feeling you would rather generate a sale.

Honestly I really wish I could spend $50 for a book and $20 for overnight shipping at the drop of a hat. But college is expensive as it is and that is not feasible at the moment.
    edited 2004-08-19 02:22
    Well you got me ... my copy of Al's book ends on page 407 -- I have no pages 419 and 420

Since the project is Al's and was NOT created by Parallax, you should probably contact him directly.· For anyone to copy and post pages out of that book would be a violation ( = illegal ) of the publisher's copyright.

We carry Al's book (which is not published by us) purely as a convenience for our customers.· You can probably find it in well-stocked book store in your area -- I've seen it at Barnes & Noble more than once.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Dallas Office

Post Edited (Jon Williams) : 8/19/2004 4:41:59 AM GMT
    edited 2004-08-19 03:29
    I'm not asking for anyone to copy the book for me, I'm just trying to find out how to program a pic with the board of education and a bs2...