Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 Timing - Where are the limits ?????? — Parallax Forums

BS2 Timing - Where are the limits ??????

frasencifrasenci Posts: 34
edited 2004-08-18 21:53 in BASIC Stamp
nono.gif· after buying a brand new expensive Indycar-Racing car you could not blame it on the designers-developers- makers of it, if you can not use this wonderfull piece of engineering to take your whole family out for a spin , could you ???

That said , and thinking about my R/C Heli proyect in sensing the rotor's RPM· i am tempted , once the BS2 is airborn : Why not take advantage of this and sense the engine's temperature too ??? , and why not get this findings displayed on a screen ??? ,logging the info for later retrieval ,.....·and whatever else ther could be done with the stamp during flight ·???

There will obviously be a time when the BS is so bussy doing other things that it will be late to take onother RPM reading wich is his mayor task in the proyect.

Apart from considering add-on coprocessors to accomplish this,·· ·I ask :

Is there a way that , in the design fase , you could make a working estimate of the time it will take for the BS2 to execute each instruction· ????? Examples : to manage with a BRANCH , an IF Then, an LOOKUP , a·DATA read/write ,·etc ???··· rolleyes.gif· With this estimate , and based on the proyects restrictions , one would know when it is time to stop adding features ..... am I right ????

Anybody to help me with this ???

Thank you all

Francisco

·

Comments

• Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,657
    edited 2004-08-18 20:56
    Try this URL:
    owlogic.com/BS2speed.htm

for some data on the execution time of different PBASIC commands.

-- Tracy

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com
  • frasencifrasenci Posts: 34
    edited 2004-08-18 21:53
    Tank you very much Tracy

Wise men say : it is not what you look at, but the way you do it.

Excellent link . Been so many times there and did not see it .

Francisco