Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Getting started_ need help — Parallax Forums

Getting started_ need help

Karl RobinsonKarl Robinson Posts: 1
edited 2004-08-16 19:32 in BASIC Stamp
hop.gif Help,

I have a BS2 education board and hope to build or develop a package to control temperature from values entered in to a either alpha numeric key pad come LCD screen or a LCD with additional inputs for "Enter, Escape, Up and Down" push buttons. I would like to use a PID loop for temperature control and allow for enough IO to switch up to 3 solid-state relays. My Ideal circuit would measure both water and ambient temperatures from 2 separate probes, but initially 1 of these two would do for now as long as it can be added in the future.

I have looked at the Dallas Semiconductor DS1620 digital chip, but could not decide whether it can be incorporated to operate from a PID loop and if so how, if there are software PID which can be written into the BS2 then I would like to utilise this method.

My thoughts are but I am unsure is to use LCD is 2x16 Character fitted to a BPK-4 driver board, any suggestions?

At some point I need to add a open loop PWM motor controller to the same BS2, what limitations do I have?

Tillydog

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-08-16 19:32
    I don't think you're facing any deal-breaking limitations.· You may want to use an serial motor controller to simplify things, and you can find great information on temperature control in our Industrial Control text.

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28156

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office