Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Proximity Sensing — Parallax Forums

Proximity Sensing

Jack FrostJack Frost Posts: 5
edited 2004-08-14 16:32 in BASIC Stamp
I was looking at the rf modules at the parallax site, and that got me wondering if there was some way to do proximity sensing.

ok this needs an example: the honda prius has a key that the driver keeps in their pocket, and when the key gets close enough to the car (like within two or three feet) the car can recognize that?

would there be any way to do that with a stamp? maybe you'd have to have a really weak signal from the key or something? any ideas?

Comments

• KenMKenM Posts: 657
    edited 2004-08-14 03:07
    Just FYI,

Honda makes the Insight, Toyota makes the Prius.
    Jack Frost said...
    I was looking at the rf modules at the parallax site, and that got me wondering if there was some way to do proximity sensing.

ok this needs an example: the honda prius has a key that the driver keeps in their pocket, and when the key gets close enough to the car (like within two or three feet) the car can recognize that?

would there be any way to do that with a stamp? maybe you'd have to have a really weak signal from the key or something? any ideas?
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-08-14 03:54
    You might want to do some web research (Google is your friend....) on RFID. We don't offer any RFID products at this time.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • Jack FrostJack Frost Posts: 5
    edited 2004-08-14 16:30
    yeah, i can't believe i wrote that honda makes the prius...

and although i don't know what RFID is yet, i will be doing some research on it. thanks.
  • KenMKenM Posts: 657
    edited 2004-08-14 16:32
    As John mentioned, Google is your friend. I searched on RFID and got serveral hits.
    Jack Frost said...
    yeah, i can't believe i wrote that honda makes the prius...

and although i don't know what RFID is yet, i will be doing some research on it. thanks.