Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
What comes after the WAM guide? — Parallax Forums

What comes after the WAM guide?

jakjrjakjr Posts: 88
edited 2006-07-27 22:25 in BASIC Stamp
I am pretty new to the whole stamp thing and am working with the "Whats a Microcontroller" guide right now. Within another week or so I'll probobly be done with it so I am wondering where I should go from their.

I am planning on getting a BOE bot kit (probobly within the next week) to go along with my BOE board and BS2 but I also want to get some more of the guides like the WAM I have.

So, which one should I get next? I was thinking about the Basic analog/digital parts/text kit but I dont know which I should go for.

·

Comments

• KenMKenM Posts: 657
    edited 2004-08-02 03:55
    Do you have a basic idea of what kind of things or projects you want to do with the Stamp? Knowing that will help to make a recomendation on where to go next.

Ken
  • jakjrjakjr Posts: 88
    edited 2004-08-02 04:20
    From the looks of it I wouldnt mind doing the stuff out of any of the guides, but Im partial to the audio/visual and robotics area.

I like pretty much anything to do with electronics so to me it doesnt really matter what I go for next, I am just concerned some of the stuff in some of the manuals might be based on stuff out of other manuals and it will make it harder to progress through all them up to my ultimate goal of making robots from scratch (using the basic stamp to controll them).
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2004-08-02 17:01
    Hello,

The "Appiled Sensors" is a fun book, it uses different types of sensors, such as, photo, temperature, and a resistance circuit for sensors.· You can also move up to the·"Robotics" text, it also uses different sensors.· They can be downloaded for free at this link:· http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/downloads/siccurriculum/documentation_sic_curriculum.asp·.

Regards,

Dave
  • $TAMP&ME$TAMP&ME Posts: 18
    edited 2006-07-27 22:25
    scince u said audio/visual you could use "stamp works", its pretty fun and it shows you how to use parallel lcds how to make sound efects and some more advanced stuff