Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp Editor — Parallax Forums

Stamp Editor

FreemanFreeman Posts: 2
edited 2004-09-06 15:24 in BASIC Stamp
Greetings:
· PROGRAM1.BS2
· NEXTPROGRAM.BS2

What can I do to ·join 2 programs· and view the result of both. I worked the sentence {$STAMP BS2e, NEXTPROGRAM.BS2} but, I can not ·View the result of· NEXTPROGRAM.BS2.···I can just view·the result of PROGRAM1.bs2
·How I do for viewing ·both results?,· I mean PRROGRAM1 AND NEXTPROGRAM.BS2·

sad.gif

thank You for your help

Comments

• gremlingremlin Posts: 6
    edited 2004-09-04 11:36
    I am not certain I understand your question. When I work on larger programs, I write small blocks of code and then copy from the current editor window into a new editor window. It's pretty simple. You only need to check that variable names and PIN assignments/functions don't conflict between programs.
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-09-04 13:28
    You should read up on the RUN command in the Help file.· If there is no "RUN 1" in your PROGRAM1, you'll never activate NEXTPROGRAM.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2004-09-06 13:58
    When I open the Editor and click on File, the drop down shows the last 10 files accessed.· If there any way to change the number of files shown?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Sid Weaver
    Visit the Piggyback Page

http://hometown.aol.com/newzed/index.html
    ·
    edited 2004-09-06 14:16
    No. We could add that, but for backward compatibility you would have 10 files or LESS.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Dallas Office
  • NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2004-09-06 14:40
    Thanks for the response.· I would want about four.· That is plenty.· The problem is when you modify a file and then delete the old file, the old file still shows up in the dropdown.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Sid Weaver
    Visit the Piggyback Page

http://hometown.aol.com/newzed/index.html
    ·
    edited 2004-09-06 15:24
    That list is not terribly smart -- it just keeps track of the last file(s) opened. There is no way for it to know that the files exist or not without us adding a bunch of code to the editor -- code that doesn't really help us with BASIC Stamps....

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Dallas Office