Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Wish list item — Parallax Forums

Wish list item

KenMKenM Posts: 657
edited 2004-09-28 13:56 in General Discussion
A wish list item is to have the ability to set a default regarding "display newest message first"

The current default appears to show the oldest message first

Comments

• Jim EwaldJim Ewald Posts: 733
    edited 2004-07-28 03:06
    I'll add sort order to our enhancement list. Thanks for the suggestion.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Jim
    Parallax IT Dept.
  • David BDavid B Posts: 590
    edited 2004-08-02 23:00
    Nice job on this forum. It's taking some getting used to, but I'm starting to like it a lot. It's really easy to browse over lots of information.

Suggestion - I like to browse a thread from oldest at the top, down the page to newest at the bottom, as that seems like a natural order to read a series of comments on a topic.

But then when I'm ready to navigate to another thread, I've got to scroll back to the top to reach that "breadcrumb" navigation tool or the previous/next thread selector tool. It's awkward.

Why not put the navigator at the bottom, or at both the top and bottom as in the Yahoo groups? The overall flow of browsing would be smoother.

David
    edited 2004-08-02 23:26
    David,

The code for thread navigation at the bottom of the page is already done. I'm working on another issue before I do an upgrade. Look for it very soon.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Jim
    Parallax IT Dept.
  • KenMKenM Posts: 657
    edited 2004-09-24 07:03
    And another to dump.....or is this a pain for you to do?
  • dbpagedbpage Posts: 217
    edited 2004-09-27 14:20
    Please add a link to www.parallax.com on the forum, or put it in a more obvious place if the link is in a place I haven't found yet. It should be just as easy to jump there as it was to jump here.
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-09-27 14:40
    You can click on the Parallax logo in the upper-left hand side of the screen -- that will take you right to our web site.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2004-09-27 19:11
    Was there a files section created?· I remember talk about one.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve
    http://members.rogers.com/steve.brady
    http://www.geocities.com/paulsopenstage

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."

edited 2004-09-27 20:00
    The files section of the site isn't ready for prime time yet. I'm still working on it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jim

Parallax IT Dept.
  • Tom WalkerTom Walker Posts: 509
    edited 2004-09-28 13:49
    THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN FORGETTING! I was going to send you a quick project to handle code snippets, IT GUY. Please accept my apologies. I have just been loaded down for the past few months. I'll try to carve out some time this weekend to put something together for you.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Many are cold...

· but few are frozen...
    edited 2004-09-28 13:56
    Not a problem. I appreciate your offer to help out. Oh, and I can relate to the workload issue. IT has a never-ending to-do list. You get used to it after a few years.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jim

Parallax IT Dept.