Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 Edge KiCAD Symbols — Parallax Forums

P2 Edge KiCAD Symbols

I have added P2 Edge KiCAD Schematic Symbol, Footprint, and 3d Model to the Obex.
https://obex.parallax.com/obex/p2-edge-kicad-symbols/

Comments

• ke4pjwke4pjw Posts: 1,148

@Rayman Here you go! Pretty sure this is accurate, but someone may want to double check me.

• RaymanRayman Posts: 14,469

Thanks @ke4pjw

Looks like you built a board with it so guess it works?

@Rayman I can confirm power, programming, p16-32 and a handful of others. I believe it to be.correct, but another set of eyes wouldn't hurt. I am populating the rest of the bord tomorrow and almost all of the pins are used

@VonSzarvas do you happen to know if a step of the Edge Module itself was ever rendered? Would be kinda cool to create renderings with the board plugged into the connector.

• @ke4pjw said:
    @VonSzarvas do you happen to know if a step of the Edge Module itself was ever rendered? Would be kinda cool to create renderings with the board plugged into the connector.

Pretty sure I did create for both module types. When I get home I’ll share the links.

• JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 9,077
    edited 2024-09-14 21:00

Since the socket is complicated (which slows rendering) I created a simple Edge model for work. ATM I'm using the vertical socket.

Darn... even when ZIPped the file with the socket and the Edge is too large. If you have the vertical socket model you can use a 3D CAD program (I used FreeCAD) to merge them into a single model.

1920 x 1030 - 380K