Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I Love Fiber — Parallax Forums

I Love Fiber

RS_JimRS_Jim Posts: 1,764
edited 2024-05-20 12:11 in General Discussion

I recently moved to an area where fiber internet is available. My wife finally got disgusted with our phone/internet provider with their increasing prices and decreasing service. The fiber provides speeds from 300Mbps to 5Gbps. We stream our tv have about 4 iPads, 3 laptops, a Pi 5 and a cnc quilting machine. @the lowest speed, everything runs great. Page loading is now server dependent not transmission dependent. Also upload and download speeds are the same.
Wahoo
Jim

Comments

• @RS_Jim said:
    I recently moved to an area where fiber internet is available. My wife finally got disgusted with our phone/internet provider with their increasing prices and decreasing service. The fiber provides speeds from 300Mbps to 5Gbps. We stream our tv have about 4 iPads, 3 laptops, a Pi 5 and a cnc quilting machine. @the lowest speed, everything runs great. Page loading is now server dependent not transmission dependent.
    Wahoo
    Jim

Sounds like you have S--t canned COX. Who did you go with?

• @RS_Jim said:
    I recently moved to an area where fiber internet is available.
    Jim

Because there was no "I" at the beginning, I originally thought this thread was about a new kind of fiber called, "Love Fiber". o:)

• RS_JimRS_Jim Posts: 1,764
    edited 2024-05-21 12:11

Frank,
    The fiber provider in my neighborhood is WyYerd. Ok Chris, I will edit first post.
    Jim

• SavageCircuitsSavageCircuits Posts: 243
    edited 2024-05-20 14:10

@RS_Jim said:
    Frank,
    Ok Chris, I will edit first post.
    Jim

I thought it was funny. You gave me a chuckle on a Monday morning. ;)

• ercoerco Posts: 20,256

Fiber... MMMM.... GOOD!