Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
OBEX updates - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

OBEX updates

2»

Comments

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,392

Okay, next problem: In that SAR object, the CODE block I've posted in the full description is converting the < character into HTML codes. It'd be nice to have the original source showing there.

@VonSzarvas said:
    Cool. Moved the code-highlight script off the CDN.

Oh! I see. It was because I've posted that CODE block in the description.

• VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 3,328
    edited 2024-03-06 09:55

@evanh said:
    Okay, next problem: In that SAR object, the CODE block I've posted in the full description is converting the < character into HTML codes. It'd be nice to have the original source showing there.

Oh yeah, it was the double lt <<
    Fixed!

Perfect.

• ke4pjwke4pjw Posts: 1,115

Looks like profile pic updates work. Thanks @VonSzarvas !

edited 2024-03-15 10:50

Following the last P2LF where the author search was mentioned....

That was a simple enough thing to improve, so now you'll find an improved search algorithm !

@author will continue to return results from the exact username, but if none are found will try 'LIKE' searches of the first, last and display name. And if that fails, will try searching git-imported author names.

@@author will specifically search the git-imported author names. That will help find old objects!

For example, @"Stephen Moraco" ... you thought you'd found them all.... @@mor :wink::smiley:

• @Wuerfel_21 You now have all the walnuts :D

4012, 4060, 4080, 4087, 4162 ready for editing!

• Another update - @JonnyMac

When editing/adding/deleting files, it can take the backend storage some time to process and update the cache.

• The zip-archives are queued, and typically complete in about 90 seconds (the zip download icons are only visible when the archive is ready)
    • The file-browser may also show out-of-date information during this time - so I've added a message and refresh icon.

Recent file changes are being processed - try clicking the file browser refresh icon!

Refresh icon appears at the top-right of the file browser window when there are cached changes in progress. Click it once to force a reload.

In the next update I'll see about automating the reload. Let me know if you see any other funky business you'd like improving!

edited 2024-03-15 18:55

Behaviour change for File Uploads...

Files with matching names will now overwrite existing files, rather than exist as multiple versions.
    ie. not required to delete old file versions anymore, before uploading the new one.

Note: You will observe the file-browser shows both files when you drag/drop the replacement file, but after clicking "Update" it will process and remove the older duplicates.

edited 2024-03-15 19:14

Question:

In the Overview section, should we add some extra fields?

• IDE: FlexSpin, VSC, Spin Tools, Catalina, PropellerTool/PNUT, etc.. ?
    • Compiler version: v42, v44, FlexSpin v123, etc.. ?
    • Git-Repo URL:
    • Anything else ?

The idea for the repo url would be that the downloads can automatically bring in a zipped version of the repo, and update to changes automatically (or at least on a schedule if some sort of push api is not available)

Maybe the IDE and compiler fields could be merged somehow?

Not sure we want to add too many fields for users to fill in, but at the same time it would be nice to have a good searchable index with the most important options. And it seems the compiler version especially is becoming more important now.

• IDE field would be unnecessary, it's only really the compiler that matters. And distinguishing versions also seems pointless, everyone can be expected to use the latest version if they're gonna pull red hot new objects in.

edited 2024-03-15 19:12

How do we handle older objects that might not compile in a newer version,
    and how do we handle objects written in FlexProp that won't compile/run in PropellerTool/etc... ?

Would it be nice (or necessary) to give the untrained user a clue as to which set of software they need to run a particular object ?

--BTW.. thinking ahead also, for an online compiler that might want to know about version requirements.

edited 2024-03-15 23:28

@Wuerfel_21 said:
    IDE field would be unnecessary, it's only really the compiler that matters.

Right.

... everyone can be expected to use the latest version if they're gonna pull red hot new objects in.

Dreaming! :P Only if the IDE auto-updates its tools would that be true.

• @VonSzarvas said:
    How do we handle older objects that might not compile in a newer version,

For spin: isn't the version handling recently introduced and the compiler not supposed handle this ? (admittedly there where features introduced in pnut, like FIELD, before the version string existed).

and how do we handle objects written in FlexProp that won't compile/run in PropellerTool/etc... ?

I don't say much here on the forum, but I do agree with @Wuerfel_21 here, rather a compiler option then an IDE option. I personally do not use any IDE, just an editor with build script

flexprop's compiler is flexspin
    propellertool's compiler is pnut
    catalina is the compiler, and has a separate IDE included
    VSC is and IDE but can use either flexspin or pnut as compiler (IIUC)

Would it be nice (or necessary) to give the untrained user a clue as to which set of software they need to run a particular object ?

with an compiler option (and the possibility to select multiple compilers) you will get far.

--BTW.. thinking ahead also, for an online compiler that might want to know about version requirements.

that hypothetical online compiler would have to have support for SPIN version handling ??

@rosco_pc said:
    ... (admittedly there where features introduced in pnut, like FIELD, before the version string existed).

The recent discussion on this proposes pre-versioned code just not be supported going forward.

• Ok, thanks for all the feedback.
    I'll think about a simpler way to help users getting started with the objects that might need a specific compiler type or version.

• @VonSzarvas said:
    @Wuerfel_21 You now have all the walnuts :D

4012, 4060, 4080, 4087, 4162 ready for editing!

4198 (USBnew) is still sad.

edited 2024-03-28 17:05

@Wuerfel_21 said:
    4198 (USBnew) is still sad.

.... and Happy again!

A slightly different "thing" derailed during the git-import period, so also found & fixed these with the same missing params: OB4047, OB4061, OB4063, OB4064, OB4068, OB4070

Thanks for reporting.

• I finally signed up for an account on the new ObEx more than a week ago, and I'm still waiting for my account permissions to be approved. I've emailed support [at] parallax.com last week, and again today.

Perhaps one complication is that I signed up using the email account "parallax [at] tomdinger.net" which forwards to my main email account -- I have separate email addresses for different businesses and discussion forums.

Is there anything else I can do?

edited 2024-04-25 19:52

@Ding-Batty said:
    I finally signed up for an account on the new ObEx more than a week ago, and I'm still waiting for my account permissions to be approved. I've emailed support [at] parallax.com last week, and again today.

Perhaps one complication is that I signed up using the email account "parallax [at] tomdinger.net" which forwards to my main email account -- I have separate email addresses for different businesses and discussion forums.

Is there anything else I can do?

Just approved both for you - let me know if you'd prefer one be removed.

ps. the email address spelling was different on that first registration- I'll pm you the details.

• Huge thanks! -- I was able to log into my account (the Ding-Batty one) and "fix" the e-mail address -- the spelling should make the name of this company, i.e. "parallax".