P2 Edge Module for sale in Europe ? - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

P2 Edge Module for sale in Europe ?

2»

Comments

• AndyPropAndyProp Posts: 60
    edited 2024-02-05 20:55

@"Ken Gracey" said:

@macca said:
    Out of curiosity, doesn't Parallax know what boards have these distributors ?
    I guess that Mouser and Digikey get the boards from Parallax, I think there should be a document stating what boards were sent to them.

Can Parallax ask Mouser and Digikey to send back all the remaining stocks and replace them with the newest boards ?
    Sometimes, you just have to push the big red button and start over from the beginning.

BTW: P2-EC32MB Mouser 82,77 Euro, DigiKey 95,51 Euro (quantity 1) !!!

I'm just starting to look into this, and see what stock we have at Digi-Key and Mouser, and what versions. Then, I'll take back anything that isn't current, and bring them current on pictures and descriptions. It's a process, but I'll get it started. When done, I'll see that they all have inventory, too.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax Inc.

That's pretty good Ken, they certainly need to be up-to-date and to be kept updated.

I would not think that you need take anything back from them but ensure they update the pages to reflect the various types A - D etc. Maybe offer a discount of the older revs as I am sure not everyone requires the SD slots.

It looks like Mouser have over a hundred Rev B, selling them as Rev D, displaying them as Rev A, not great for your sales at all.

Certainly they should not be selling a version B for the same price as a D, its a different product.

Meanwhile my project is not progressing until I get the right boards, I am currently waiting for a response from Mouser as to the whereabouts of the 32MB and the Version D that I paid for. A ticket has been opened with mouser.

• @AndyProp said:
    That's pretty good Ken, they certainly need to be up-to-date and to be kept updated.

I would not think that you need take anything back from them but ensure they update the pages to reflect the various types A - D etc. Maybe offer a discount of the older revs as I am sure not everyone requires the SD slots.

It looks like Mouser have over a hundred Rev B, selling them as Rev D, displaying them as Rev A, not great for your sales at all.

Certainly they should not be selling a version B for the same price as a D, its a different product.

Meanwhile my project is not progressing until I get the right boards, I am currently waiting for a response from Mouser as to the whereabouts of the 32MB and the Version D that I paid for. A ticket has been opened with mouser.

Yep, we'll fix this with Mouser. They're usually quite responsive so I expect some positive results from them. I've got Ari helping out, and he doesn't miss a beat.

While I didn't read the entire thread and I'm not fully aware of your situation with Mouser, I can always pull one from inventory and send it over to you to keep you going. We don't need to worry about taking your money right now - the loss of time has cost us much more than the P2 Edge 32MB modules. Contact me at kgracey@parallax.com if you want me to get one out the door today.

Thanks for bringing this little problem to the surface.

Thanks, Ken Gracey

• maccamacca Posts: 755

@"Ken Gracey" said:
    I'm just starting to look into this, and see what stock we have at Digi-Key and Mouser, and what versions. Then, I'll take back anything that isn't current, and bring them current on pictures and descriptions. It's a process, but I'll get it started. When done, I'll see that they all have inventory, too.

Great, looking forward for it, thank you.

• We had the same problem with Mouser end of September, 2023.

When we was ordering we have been happy about the low price. Then we got the revision w/o SD card slot - useless for our application.
    So we decide to send it back to Mouser, but they didn't accepted it because "the sealing of the outer bag was broken"..
    How should we check whats inside, without opening the bag :-( and I am not speaking about the Parallax bags but the outer Mouser bag.
    Is the cat in the fridge dead or alive? - the Mouser quantum paradox.

Finally we ordered 10 boards directly at Parallax. But 161,99 $ for shipping with UPS is too expensive.
    For any order before we selected US Postal but that was incredible slow...we are talking about several weeks - I guess they sent it by ship...
    We pay about the half for sending a similar box to the US - also by UPS ("saver" tariff is fast enough).

Its sad to hear, that obviously the Mouser case is not solved yet.

Markus

• Unfortunatelly, sometimes the dealer know nothing about the products they sell. The worst fail I ever saw was a friend who ordered 30 feet of cable from Digikey and indeed got 30 pieces of one foot each. :D

Althopugh sh*t happens I have good or at least acceptable experience with mouser. I recently ordered 1000 common mode chokes. 500 of them arrived correctly. The other 500 were the vertical instead of horizontal mount version. The label in the inner bag from the manufacturer showed the correct part number but the outer label from mouser was wrong. I called them up and they immediately sent me an UPS return coupon. So I got the ordered parts a week later but without additional cost.