Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Missing file `font.5x8' — Parallax Forums

Missing file `font.5x8'

Hello to the Prop Community and a happy new year.

I have installed Flexprop V6.8 and running a LCD test :
Filename: ST7735-MinimalDemo.spin2
Author: Jesse Burt

Its been a while since I looked at Spin2 and on compiling I get a missing file error, those from the std lib. https://github.com/avsa242/p2-spin-standard-library

I was just reading over on the avsa242 Github repo and could not see a single sentence of how to install the Library into an existing installation, it must be so obvious that it was not written or impossible to find it.

I've tried setting the Library path in the Flexprop but one of the files `font.5x8' does not get found.

Need a restart of the computer?

Comments

• Hi @AndyProp

Nothing special needs to be done to "install" the library (just downloaded), but the library/ subdir needs to be in FlexSpin's library/include path (flexspin -I /path/to/p2-spin-standard-library/library) when you're building something.
    I had a scare that maybe I somehow forgot to add that file to the repo, but I just checked and it is in the copy on github, so I think that's most likely the issue.

I'm in the middle of fixing a bunch of other issues recently created, so some other demos won't build (for ex., ST7735-Bench.spin2 or ST7735-Demo.spin2) but just checked and that specific demo builds, so you should be good to go once you have the library path set.

Cheers,
    Jesse

• @avsa242 said:
    Hi @AndyProp

Nothing special needs to be done to "install" the library (just downloaded), but the library/ subdir needs to be in FlexSpin's library/include path (flexspin -I /path/to/p2-spin-standard-library/library) when you're building something.
    I had a scare that maybe I somehow forgot to add that file to the repo, but I just checked and it is in the copy on github, so I think that's most likely the issue.

I'm in the middle of fixing a bunch of other issues recently created, so some other demos won't build (for ex., ST7735-Bench.spin2 or ST7735-Demo.spin2) but just checked and that specific demo builds, so you should be good to go once you have the library path set.

Cheers,
    Jesse

Cheers , great work Jesse