Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I'm not one to get excited about cell phones, but... — Parallax Forums

I'm not one to get excited about cell phones, but...

I came across the Ulefone power armor 16 pro and the things that I really need:

• Tough
  • 9600mAH battery
  • Proper built-in flashlight
  • BIG speaker, 35mm, 20+ Watts (can't abide having a screen against my face so I flip it around and use it like an old-fashioned phone. Plenty of bass so no tinny sound)
  • Ridiculously inexpensive

Got one and absolutely love it :+1:

So, I was watching this YT vid, last night, about a heater for the workshop and this is one of those guys who embeds promotions in his videos. Holy moly, he pulls-out a similar phone (with a floodlight instead of my speaker) and proceeds to bash nails into a piece of wood using....the screen :o

The abuse starts at 9:45 and later, he uses it to fold sheet metal. Here's me babying mine, regardless of the fact that it really-is rock-solid.

Craig

Comments

• RossHRossH Posts: 5,418

I can't seem to find the "report to Moderator" button. I'm sure we used to have such a thing, but I may be thinking about another website.

Can someone deal with this please?

• @RossH said:
    I can't seem to find the "report to Moderator" button. I'm sure we used to have such a thing, but I may be thinking about another website.

Sorry you find it offensive but for those of us who spend many, many hours on loud factory floors, having to keep leaving our phones somewhere to recharge and missing calls or having to constantly run-off to find a quiet spot to be even hear what's being said...This can be darned useful information.

Didn't mean to interfere with this massive amount of forum traffic.

• @RossH said:

Hi @RossH

There's a "Flag" link near the top-left of each individual post - just below the username and beside the date.

• @Mickster said:

• Tough
    • 9600mAH battery
    • BIG speaker, 35mm, 20+ Watts (can't abide having a screen against my face so I flip it around and use it like an old-fashioned phone. Plenty of bass so no tinny sound)

Wow! That speaker is something! How does it actually sound playing music? The specs make it sound like a mobile Soundboks!!

• RossHRossH Posts: 5,418

@VonSzarvas said:

@RossH said:

Hi @RossH

There's a "Flag" link near the top-left of each individual post - just below the username and beside the date.

Ah Thanks. Now flagged. It is perhaps a credit to this site that I had needed to use it so little that I had forgotten where it was! :)

• @VonSzarvas said:

@Mickster said:

• Tough
    • 9600mAH battery

Wow! That speaker is something! How does it actually sound playing music? The specs make it sound like a mobile Soundboks!!

Not much of a music listener when working but it has a decent bass response which also works well for conversations because it feels like I'm sitting next to the other party. I'm also a big fan/user of the walkie-talkie app, Zello because I can chat with someone else on a plant floor and only have to hear what they have to say, instead of the background noise. Here, I have a dedicated PTT (push-to-talk) button. Just been chatting with a client in a plant in OZ from here in the UK (Zello) and again, it's like he's standing right next to me. My buddy's Otterbox-clad iPhone looks/feels like a toy in comparison and he's forever having to recharge :D

• I for one, happened to find this useful since my Samsung phone has issues since a brief swim in salt water. Looks like no need for a protective case or screen protector.
    Jim.

• @RS_Jim said:
    I for one, happened to find this useful since my Samsung phone has issues since a brief swim in salt water. Looks like no need for a protective case or screen protector.
    Jim.

Maybe this is common but it was certainly a first for me; the supplied fast-charger is USB-C and therefore the supplied cable is USB-C on both ends. On setup, you have the option to connect the new phone to the old phone and everything is copied over...apps and data.
    Optional endoscope is next. Love my Andonstar ADSM302 but it's just too cumbersome for PCB inspection.

Craig

• Mickster,

Are you sure it's not a Deep Fake or AI generated?

• @Genetix said:
    Mickster,

Are you sure it's not a Deep Fake or AI generated?

Well It's a darned good Deep Fake because I have been using it for several months. Bounced off a few factory floors. :)
    Got the actual device from Amazon but then I wanted the charging dock which seemed a bit spendy on Amazon and so I took a risk with Sunsky.com at ~ third of the price. Sure enough, original manufacturer and industrial quality. Charges on pogo-pins so I hardly touch the USB-C.

Craig