Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
One Drive woes with Propeller Tool — Parallax Forums

One Drive woes with Propeller Tool

Hi, My company migrated our windows Documents folder to One Drive. Propeller Tool can't find it's libraries now.

I reinstalled Propeller Tool hoping this would fix things.. On install the libraries automagically went to the One Drive Documents folder. Propeller Tool can't find them.

I changed the paths to the template files, hoping that would somehow fix this. Nope..

I copied the 'Propeller Tool' folder from One Drive Documents to the hard drive documents. This worked, but I will forget about this soon.. Production Engineering will have this trouble as well. The files will not be updated when future versions of Propeller Tool are released.

Is there a way to change these paths in Propeller Tool?

Thanks!

Comments

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,423
    edited 2023-10-17 19:56

Rumour has it that PropTool is only on life support these days. Time to be looking for a replacement.

• I was afraid of that.

• RaymanRayman Posts: 14,161

You might try spin tools ide or visual studio code. Both in P2 section.but think also work with P1

• RaymanRayman Posts: 14,161

Is there no settings in prop tool to change library location? Thought there was…

• Yes, I moved to spin tools. Love the improved IDE.

I'm not saying there is no way to change the lib location.. But I sure can't find it! (I didn't poke around in the registry.. but Production won't be able to do that anyway)

You can change the location of the P1 and P2 templates, but that seems to be all...