Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Taqoz V2.8 Reloaded — Parallax Forums

Taqoz V2.8 Reloaded

HydraHackerHydraHacker Posts: 77
edited 2023-06-15 21:47 in Forth

Hello Everyone,
I am getting a Booting.... ERROR - INVALID PARTITION, so someone please help me! I really want to use Taqoz 2.8 Reloaded.

HydraHacker

Comments

• Hello Everyone,
    It looks like I am in Taqoz V2.8 Reloaded even though I get that error message.

HydraHacker

• Everyone,
    I am getting the proper boot up screen now!

HydraHacker

• @HydraHacker said:
    Everyone,
    I am getting the proper boot up screen now!

HydraHacker

What was how did you resolve the issue. In case others have this issue? And on what hardware/configuration?

Thx

• Frank,
    I don't believe I resolved the issue, I am still getting the invalid partition error. I only saw the proper boot up screen a couple of times. The hardware I am using is a Rev C P2 EVAL board.

HydraHacker

• @HydraHacker
    Download the Taqoz glossary and at the back of this you will find the SYSTEM INSTALLATION and BOOTING UP section. It sounds like the SD card may need re-formatting to suit Taqoz.

• bob_g4bby,
    I have the Taqoz glossary and put _BOOT_P2.BIX file on the sd card. I'll have to go to the library where there is internet access and download a disk format utility and try that and see if that works.

HydraHacker

• @HydraHacker said:
    Hello Everyone,
    I am getting a Booting.... ERROR - INVALID PARTITION, so someone please help me! I really want to use Taqoz 2.8 Reloaded.

HydraHacker

Hi,
    in this thread we had a discussion about problems with newer SD cards and the solution I found after some time with a modified "mount" command:
    https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/175264/does-taqoz-2-8-work-with-32gb-card#latest
    You might want to try the patched version of _BOOT_P2.BIX, see attachment. Additionally it does try to fload the file "auto.f" from SD-card at startup. Please report, if it helps.
    Christof

• Christof Eb.,
    I used the card format program and I put the MOUNTA file on the card and all I got was garbage characters. So I decided to try method 2 and downloaded the most current version of FlexProp and put a binary image on the flash and that seems to have worked, on the plus side I have FlexProp to start writing C programs finally.

HydraHacker

• @HydraHacker said:
    Christof Eb.,
    I used the card format program and I put the MOUNTA file on the card and all I got was garbage characters. So I decided to try method 2 and downloaded the most current version of FlexProp and put a binary image on the flash and that seems to have worked, on the plus side I have FlexProp to start writing C programs finally.

HydraHacker

Hi,
    garbage characters. - If there are a lot of them, the SD card access will work now.

This garbage will probably be because my version is for the kiss board which has a clock crystal of 25MHz. Sorry, I forgot that. So for 20MHz the serial baud rate will be 20/25*921600=737280. PUTTY can do rather odd settings for the baud rate. So you can probably connect to the board and then if needed set to a "proper" rate.

Good luck,
    Christof

• HydraHackerHydraHacker Posts: 77
    edited 2023-06-22 03:05

Christof Eb.
    I can now boot TaqozV2.8 Reloaded from the sd card.
    I downloaded Putty and set it to the baud rate that you recommended...thank you!

HydraHacker

• @HydraHacker said:
    Christof Eb.
    I can now boot TaqozV2.8 Reloaded from the sd card.
    I downloaded Putty and set it to the baud rate that you recommended...thank you!

HydraHacker

Hi,
    Good to hear, that it helped!
    Have fun!
    Christof