Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P3 on the horizon — Parallax Forums

P3 on the horizon

I heard a rumor of a P3 in the works.

Comments

• @DigitalBob said:
    I heard a rumor of a P3 in the works.

In addition to having 256 meg of ram, a 1 ghz clock, and 16 cogs, I heard it would even have complete docs! 😜

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,126

If there's even the slightest truth to any rumour it'll be a Prop2 in a smaller package - with less cogs, less hubRAM and less pins. The existing part is too much, too expensive, and too big for many applications. I actually went with a Prop1 in my first actual Propeller project for those very reasons.

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,126

Okay, funny. It's dawn on the 2nd of April here you know.

• @evanh said:

Nope it's still April 1 here. But there's a rumor of a Stamp 3 available soon, complete with full motion video onboard.

Four mascots, and no waiting.

• @evanh said:

🤣
    This morning I told a client that the word “gullible” wasnt in any US dictionary. He texted me a couple of minutes later and said I was mistaken because Merriam-Webster had it listed. I explained to him that particular reference is published across the pond and had been for more than a century. “Oh.”

Its been 4 hours now.

He’s gonna kill me when he finally figures this out.

• I have a picture of a P3 protype

• Can't wait to pre-order

• Chatbot GPT has built me a P5 ... I just told it what I wanted and it's done. Will be delivered on the second Tuesday of next week to my doorstep.

• @"Beau Schwabe" said:

Chatbot GPT has built me a P5 ... I just told it what I wanted and it's done. Will be delivered on the second Tuesday of next week to my doorstep.

Oh? Mine is being delivered in three weeks, along with a very funny individual and a big one who's got red fur and can make a mess of anything in three seconds.
    Four mascots.

• @JRoark said:

@evanh said:

🤣
    This morning I told a client that the word “gullible” wasnt in any US dictionary. He texted me a couple of minutes later and said I was mistaken because Merriam-Webster had it listed. I explained to him that particular reference is published across the pond and had been for more than a century. “Oh.”

Its been 4 hours now.

He’s gonna kill me when he finally figures this out.

Ask your client which dictionary he prefers. Me? I prefer the Oxford one, the unabridged variety. Now what's with that angry mountain lion looking at your garbage cans?

• This it. Just put a P1 and P2 together and you have a P3

1536 x 2048 - 769K
  • @DigitalBob said:
    This it. Just put a P1 and P2 together and you have a P3

I see what you did there!!!

No. 🤣

• It would be silly to start a P3 now with the P2 suffering from a lack of standard libraries.

• "on the horizon" means it's pretty far away, right?

@JonnyMac said:
    It would be silly to start a P3 now with the P2 suffering from a lack of standard libraries.

No, what better way to nullify that problem than going full speed on the P3 and leaving the P2 behind! :D

I can't wait for the P3 with a 6 GHz radio transceiver, USB 4.0, and HDMI 2.1

• I really haven't had much time to dive deep into the P2, other than make my own P2 boards and tryout some demo's. I would have stuck with the spin 1 compiler and used it on the P2 and just add the extra P2 commands, functions etc., much like the BS2, where some function are for the BS2, BS2P, etc. Most of my projects are based on the P1.
    Parallax should hire just one guy to create P2 libraries (Are you up for the job JonnyMac?)
    I liked to hearing the P3 suggestions, you never know this is how the Arduino was created.

• Parallax should hire just one guy to create P2 libraries (Are you up for the job JonnyMac?)

I have a day job.

• Most my P2 demo’s and objects say jm

• frank freedmanfrank freedman Posts: 1,974
    edited 2023-04-05 00:42

@JonnyMac said:

Parallax should hire just one guy to create P2 libraries (Are you up for the job JonnyMac?)

I have a day job.

@8hours a day with 2x2hrs of LA commute, that should leave you another 8 productive hours + more commute. Sleep? Meals? meh, for the weak...