Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Cellular network module — Parallax Forums

Cellular network module

I was just reading here about a module to send data over cellular network, but what was cool about this one was I think it came with a year (?) of free service, so you didn't have to deal with any company after you bought the module. It was ready to go solution

Just spent an hour and can't find the discussion again. Pretty sure it was on these forums. Anyone know this?

Comments

• That is essentially what we are doing at remote well sites to monitor our equipment. You still need a SIM card registered to a particular network with some sort of a data plan as well as a correct antenna pointed at a tower that offers your service. Without a correct plan you can usually connect to the modem, but the bandwidth is so low that's about all you can do, just connect.

• A Digi Xbee3 comes with a free 3 months.

• iseriesiseries Posts: 1,452
    edited 2023-02-23 10:57

Check out Blues wireless. No plan, no monthly fees, no SIM card. Just send your data to the cloud.

Blues Wireless.

Mike

• That's the one. I am embarrassed. It was right there the whole time

I just kept skipping over it over and over because of its title.

• @iseries said:
    Check out Blues wireless. No plan, no monthly fees, no SIM card. Just send your data to the cloud.

Blues Wireless.

Mike

That looks nice, but can it be used without their cloud? What happens if the company goes bankrupt before the ten years of service they promise is up? Yet another expensive brick?