Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller tool on Arm Windows 11/Surface Pro X — Parallax Forums

Propeller tool on Arm Windows 11/Surface Pro X

I tried it a year ago and it refused to work with my Quickstart board. But apparently FTDI has a driver now. I installed the driver from FTDI and then installed Propeller tool and deselected the check box to install the USB driver. It threw an exception in Propeller.exe. I then went to the shortcut in the start menu. I right clicked and selected "Open File Location". It opened a window showing a shortcut in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Parallax Inc\Propeller Tool. I right clicked on the shortcut and chose "Properties". I then selected the "Compatibility" tab and chose "Run Comparability Troubleshooter". It determined I needed "Safe emulation". I accepted its results. It came up with a error on COM1. My board comes up on COM7. In propeller tool, I went into Edit/Preferences and chose the operations tab. Under "Serial Port Search" I chose COM7. I closed the program and restarted it. The errors were gone. I loaded up experiment 4.1 from Jon-Titus-Experiments-Propeller-Quickstart-Code and it compiled and ran.