Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 core temperature — Parallax Forums

P2 core temperature

I like to measure things. Is there a register or command to read P2 core temperature? Alternately, where is the best place on the P2 Edge module to attach a temperature sensor (any type) - and "gently" wire / attach the sensor output to a ADC smart pin? The value does not have to be super accurate, I can scale it and get a ballpark value.
Similarly, I would like to read the P2 core 1v8 value on a P2 Edge module. Again, "gently" without skewing any voltages that might affect the operation of the P2 chip. TIA

Comments

• There is no actual register or command to read the temperature. You'll want an external sensor.

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,192

Prop2 ADCs use VIO/2 as internal reference, therefore it scales with VIO voltage. You'll want to use an external reference for monitoring the supplies. Might be easier to use a complete monitoring chip.

For internal temperature measurement, I once thought about trying to derive temperature from the ADC corrections when calibrating them ... but never followed through so still don't know how feasible that might even be, sorry.

For an external temperature probe, I'd probably go for underside copper. That lets you know the general condition of the card as well as good response to Prop2 loading.