Shop Learn P1 Docs P2 Docs
New documentation idea - Page 4 — Parallax Forums

New documentation idea

124»

Comments

• Wuerfel_21Wuerfel_21 Posts: 3,310
    edited 2022-11-22 21:19

As Chip suggested on live forum, I've made the diagrams for the bit permutes (MERGEB etc) animated. When you hover over the bit boxes, the line now strokes into the direction the thing goes. May be a bit gaudy. Also doesn't work in Firefox because it doesn't have :has. maybe I can refactor it to use less weird selectors, :has also seems to be slightly quirky in Chrome. (EDIT: No I can't.)

• MaciekMaciek Posts: 590
    edited 2022-11-22 21:27

I can only see a value of this animation for the RGBEXP and SEUSSF. With these it really helps.
    As for the rest it's so so (not really needed except maybe for the consistent behaviour).

It's an observation and not a complaint by any means.

• cgraceycgracey Posts: 13,874
    edited 2022-11-22 21:39

@Wuerfel_21 said:
    As Chip suggested on live forum, I've made the diagrams for the bit permutes (MERGEB etc) animated. When you hover over the bit boxes, the line now strokes into the direction the thing goes. May be a bit gaudy. Also doesn't work in Firefox because it doesn't have :has. maybe I can refactor it to use less weird selectors, :has also seems to be slightly quirky in Chrome. (EDIT: No I can't.)

That's cool!

Can you make it animate if they hover over the top or bottom areas where the instruction names and explanations are? Then, it would be more useful.

This makes me think that I should add a dashed line function to PLOT where you can specify the length and offset of the line breaks.

• @cgracey said:
    Can you make it animate if they hover over the top or bottom areas where the instruction names and explanations are? Then, it would be more useful.

With a really obnoxious selector, maybe. Will have to try.

• Wuerfel_21Wuerfel_21 Posts: 3,310
    edited 2022-11-22 21:57

Only mildy terrible, as it turns out. Just had to move the text/arrows into groups.

@keyframes strokeflow-<%=id%> {
            from {stroke-dashoffset: 0;}
            to   {stroke-dashoffset: 1.5;}
        }
        &:has(.bit_top:hover,.top_text *:hover) .conn line {
            stroke-dasharray: 0.85,0.65;
            animation: 0.5s linear reverse infinite strokeflow-<%=id%>;
        }
        &:has(.bit_bot:hover,.bot_text *:hover) .conn line:not(.extra) {
            stroke-dasharray: 0.85,0.65;
            animation: 0.5s linear normal infinite strokeflow-<%=id%>;
        }
        &:has(.bit_bot:hover,.bot_text *:hover) .conn line.extra {
            opacity: 15%;
        }

• cgraceycgracey Posts: 13,874

Looks great, Ada!

• Christof Eb.Christof Eb. Posts: 773
    edited 2022-11-23 14:23

Just wanted to say, that https://p2docs.github.io/ has now proven for the first time to be really helpful for me. (Was searching how to software reset P2)
    Thank you very much!
    Christof

• I currently have info on condition codes on the "ASM Syntax" page: https://p2docs.github.io/asm_syntax.html#condition-codes

I think it should probably be moved to the "Cog resources" page (cog.html)? Though that also seems a bit off.

What do you bunch think?

• AJLAJL Posts: 480

I think it works where it is.

• roglohrogloh Posts: 4,620

It's great to have this reference material so handy to lookup Ada, well done. I'm pretty tired/lazy to go load googledocs and search in that each time and have to switch to view only mode etc to avoid edits. It's so sluggish. This is really snappy to look up P2 information.

The opcode matrix is cool too - haven't seen the P2 instructions presented like that before, although tables like this were obviously common for other older micros. I can now see some structure to the ISA madness.