Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 WX Adapter Add-on Board Issue — Parallax Forums

P2 WX Adapter Add-on Board Issue

Hello,
We are trying to interface P2 WX Adapter Board to P2. I have written simple LED blink code and verified that LED blinks properly.
Then try to load simple LED blink binary file from drag/drop P2 binary menu from host browser.
After loading the binary file, the webpage reporting the status message “Done!”. But on P2 board LED was not blinking.
We have followed this user guide : https://www.parallax.com/package/p2-wx-adapter-add-on-board-product-guide/

So what we are doing wrong here? can someone please help?

Comments

• What board are you using and what pins do you have it connected to.

I load programs over WiFi all the time but I have a custom board and a standard WiFi module shown in the Sudoku project. I don't like having to drag and drop and instead have a custom loader program that sends it to the P2 directly.

Mike

• I am using P2 (P2X8C4M64P) Eval board and WX ESP8266 WiFi module.

• There is a problem with this setup if the prop plug is left plugged. This maybe a problem if the USB is plugged into programming port as well.

The Reset doesn't flow through or something.

Mike

• I plugged it into another USB port (2A PWR) that only power ups P2. And it worked for me. Thanks for suggestion. :smile:

• Hi @disha_sudra

Which revision of the Eval board do you have ? Earlier versions didn't have the reset feature, or needed a user jumper adding. You might also need the dipswitch set a certain way. Let us know what you have, and we can check that for you.

Also best not to have your LED blinking code toggling pin 56, as that's connected to the reset pin of the WiFi module.

Finally, which version of the WiFi module firmware do you have? Check the WiFi module webgui at 192.168.4.1
    There might be a newer version- 1.5 is the latest: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17Xh9A80skNweDfcSq5MR087GqHrKvtOK

• @disha_sudra said:
    I plugged it into another USB port (2A PWR) that only power ups P2. And it worked for me. Thanks for suggestion. :smile:

Good news!

Another option, if you have the RevC Eval board, then you could also switch off the USB reset at the dipswitch to allow wireless programming.

• VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 3,278
    edited 2022-11-02 13:14

One other information, the FlexProp IDE now includes wireless loading directly.
    PropellerTool doesn't yet, although the command line tool "PropLoader" can be used instead of the Drag/Drop loader if you prefer. (Just some other options!)