Shop Learn P1 Docs P2 Docs
SPI communication between Parallax P2 and Raspberry Pi — Parallax Forums

SPI communication between Parallax P2 and Raspberry Pi

Hello,
I'm trying to transfer data from Raspberry Pi (As a master) to Parallax P2. I've attached Rpi code rpi_master_spi.cpp I have tried with Arduino Mega as a slave, I'm able to communicate bidirectionally from this code. Now I want to use Parallax P2 as a slave. I've checked shift_in() and shift_out() functions, but it's not working for me. I have used below pins of parallax P2

SCK 24
DATA 25
SS 26

So, is there any sample code, example or reference link available for P2 to work with SPI?

Comments

• JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,163

For the P2 you will want to look into smart pins. In Spin2, you would start with something like this

con

SS   = 26
      MISO = 25
      SCLK = 24

Assuming the RPi CPOL is 0, you could setup the SPI input like this:

m := P_SYNC_RX                                                ' spi rx mode
      m |= ((SCLK-MISO) & %111) << 24                               ' add SCLK offset (B pin)
      x := %0_00000 | (8-1)                                         ' sample ahead of b pin rise, 8 bits
      pinstart(MISO, m, x, 0)                                       ' configure smart pin
      pinf(MISO)                                                    ' reset/disable until used

This SUGGESTED code (two versions) is based on other things I've worked on, but I have not used the P2 as a SPI slave with another device. Ultimately, you'll probably want a cog that monitors the SPI input and updates a buffer on the fly (like serial objects do).

pub shiftin(count, p_buf) | value

repeat count
        pinl(MISO)                                                  ' enable MISO  
        repeat until pinr(MISO)                                     ' wait for a byte
        value := rdpin(MISO)                                        ' get the value
        pinf(MISO)                                                  ' reset MISO      
        value rev= 31                                               ' restore MSBFIRST order
        byte[p_buf++] := value 

pub shiftin_pasm(count, p_buf) | value

org
    .loop                   drvl      #MISO                         ' enable MISO   
                            testp     #MISO                 wc      ' wait for a byte
            if_nc           jmp       #$-1
                            rdpin     pr0, #MISO                    ' get the value
                            fltl      #MISO                         ' reset MISO
                            rev       pr0                           ' restore MSBFIRST order
                            wrbyte    pr0, p_buf                    ' write to buffer
                            add       p_buf, #1                     ' update buffer pointer
                            djnz      count, #.loop
      end