Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PNut/Spin2/PropTool Enhancement request — Parallax Forums

PNut/Spin2/PropTool Enhancement request

I've been having fun making "application" programs that utilize Debug Graphic Windows and PC keyboard & mouse input.

I would like to request the ability to "filter out" (make silent) Debug information that goes into the Debug log files and the Debug text window. This request is specifically for the Debug commands:

pc_key
  pc_mouse

These commands when used in loops monitoring for input, produce a lot of debug entries that don't really provide any benefit (beyond perhaps the first one indicating that it is reading/monitoring the input stream).

If you are running applications that utilizes Debug Graphic Windows for output and PC keyboard & mouse input, you end up with huge amounts of debug log/window entries like:

`myplot PC_MOUSE
`myplot PC_KEY

It would be nice if there was a way to make these commands "silent", but still allow the PC keyboard & mouse input to be monitored.

This is not a major issue, but it would help cut-out the extra traffic of text being streamed to the Debug system that only just clutters-up/buries the real information to be viewed...

P.S. I can't wait for the single-step debug enhancement that Chip (@cgracey) demonstrated recently.