Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P1 Mystery Box — Parallax Forums

P1 Mystery Box

Ordered mine!

Comments

• Got 1 !

• Hope you guys can post photos for us EU members.

Ken is keeping these so secret, getting the parts list is like prising a monkey from a banana!!!

• localrogerlocalroger Posts: 3,451
    edited 2022-03-23 21:52

Phew, under the wire with 5 left when I placed my order.
    Edit... and GONE, after I submit my order and get my confirmation email, this item is out of stock. That was close!

• Saw an email about the project yesterday. Noted that they are now out of stock. I decided not to participate in this activity. Perhaps later. Now we need to see photos of the contents of each of these.

• This was the first time I got to the shop before the boxes were gone! Ordered 1, can’t wait to see what the mystery is.

• Got it today. Pretty plain vanilla compared to past ones, but a good bargain... let a few more arrive before detailing contents.

• I got mine this morning. And as Frank said, reasonably vanilla compared to past ones, but still a good value, even with shipping and CA tax. All the items are useful and could be combined using just what is in the mystery box to build a working P1 project, complete with motion, display and sensing. Here is some additional spoiler info: Using Parallax online prices as of today, the total of the items in the mystery box is $57.93.

I don't know how long we should wait before spilling-the-beans of what is actually in the mystery box...

• VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 3,273
    edited 2022-03-27 08:56

Guessing whilst we wait... gyro, lcd, cables, P1 Project board and ... ?

• @VonSzarvas said:
    Guessing whilst we wait... gyro, lcd, cables, P1 Project board and ... ?

Nope on the LCD, but a lower resolution form of this function does use SPI and a MAX chip. There is however a wearable accessory from 2015 that would fall under the "trinkets and trash" category item you would find at a trade show. Unfortunately the dark blue of the ribbon and slightly lighter letter/graphics don't have enough contrast to be readable/visible at a distance. That would be a Ken's arm sweep across the shelf/desk/surplus stuff move.

As to spilling the beans, well..... how nuts do you want the ones still waiting with great anticipation to be by the time they get the box? (or spoil their surprise)

• Nah, you're right... Keep the lid on 'em beans a little longer :)

• Still waiting to be surprised, hope it shows up soon and has something I can throw into a project…

• Woops. Instead of the mystery box I got an email apologizing for being unable to fulfill my order after all. I lost the race with the site update to inventory zero :-(

• time for some pics!

• frank freedmanfrank freedman Posts: 1,974
    edited 2022-04-04 05:52

PICs don't upload well for me at times...

1 Prop Project board
    1 8 digit led display
    1 speaker
    1 high speed continuous rot servo
    1 gyroscope module
    1 gas sensor co?
    P2 keychain
    Dark Blue lanyard with dark grey lettering (nearly impossible to read even in good light)

• I've attached a copy of the sheet that came with the mystery box.
    It specifies the part numbers of the items.