Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
My E1.31light controller is full on working! — Parallax Forums

My E1.31light controller is full on working!

ke4pjwke4pjw Posts: 1,079
edited 2022-03-16 02:24 in Propeller 2

2 Cogs running 12 individual Pixel strings.
1 Cog reading the W6100 Ethernet data.
1 Cog running HDMI display.
1 Cog for the parent process. Will run the HTTP server in the future.

**Updated with new videos that utilize all 1200 pixels. I have 3 or 4 defective pixels that I need to replace. They each have a failed R, G, or B Led.

Comments

• Very cool. Congrats. I've never used Ethernet in a microcontroller project and want to learn how.

• It has been a blast getting it to work. The W6100 was very intuitive for me. I do have a lot of knowledge of networking, so that helped. Lots of features are missing. Mainly DNS. I will get around to adding that.

I am using Jinx! to drive the matrix.

Here is a link to the software for the project.

• Very cool

• I have updated the videos now that I am driving all 1200 pixels.

• So good Terry, well done!

• Very nice presentation, yesterday in the live forum! You have mentioned that the W6100 is the bottleneck, currently. I thinkl I have the solution, well almost, it's basically working but some "glue logic" in the software is still missing. My Ethernet Accessory Board can run at full 100Mb/s wire speed. The disadvantage is, at the moment, there is no protocol stack and the driver only supports raw Ethernet packets. Implementing UDP shouldn't be too hard but we need at least some sort of ARP service to find out the MAC address of the communication partners.

So let's assume we'll find somebody who would implement TCP/IP and/or UDP protocol for the Accessory Board. Would you be interested in one? I currently have 10 boards but they will be out of stock soon, I believe. If you say "yes" I'd reserve one for you.

• @ManAtWork said:
    Very nice presentation, yesterday in the live forum! You have mentioned that the W6100 is the bottleneck, currently. I thinkl I have the solution, well almost, it's basically working but some "glue logic" in the software is still missing. My Ethernet Accessory Board can run at full 100Mb/s wire speed. The disadvantage is, at the moment, there is no protocol stack and the driver only supports raw Ethernet packets. Implementing UDP shouldn't be too hard but we need at least some sort of ARP service to find out the MAC address of the communication partners.

So let's assume we'll find somebody who would implement TCP/IP and/or UDP protocol for the Accessory Board. Would you be interested in one? I currently have 10 boards but they will be out of stock soon, I believe. If you say "yes" I'd reserve one for you.

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, I am interested! I have some knowledge of OSI Layers 3/4 with regard to TCP/IP, so I may be able to help out. From what I read, looks like you guys have the basic Layer 1/2/MAC layer stuff sorted. I would love to be involved.