Shop Learn
FlexBASIC terminal error - strange — Parallax Forums

FlexBASIC terminal error - strange

JRoarkJRoark Posts: 1,026
edited 2022-03-06 18:13 in BASIC (for Propeller)

@ersmith Using the current version of FlexBASIC on a Win10 platform w/all MS updates installed, after several hours of running using the internal "FlexProp ANSI Terminal", an error pops-up: "FATAL ERROR - Unable to alloc 8048 bytes. [[OK]]". When OK is clicked, the error dialogue, the ANSI terminal window, and the TCL editor all get terminated. Nothing Flex-ish is left running when viewed from the task manager.

If Flexprop.exe is restarted, the editor settings (specifically tab spacing and fonts) may or may not be reset to the default values.

This isn't a show-stopper by any means, but it is common for me to leave the terminal window open for days to catch slow-to-show errors.

Comments

  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,316

    /Any code you can publish so us with the same platform can put it through the paces?

  • JRoarkJRoark Posts: 1,026

    @Publison said:
    /Any code you can publish so us with the same platform can put it through the paces?

    I’m working on that. 👍 It almost seems like the terminal gets munged when it gets a bit of garbage over the USB line, but that remains a guess.

  • MicksterMickster Posts: 2,052

    Oh shoot,

    I am using a powered hub and if I plug/unplug anything the P2 Edge apparently reboots. Scared the cr@p out of me because I have a bunch of closed-loop DC motors sitting, holding position silently and then during a reboot the PWMs disappear and the motors become momentarily quite ugly.

  • ersmithersmith Posts: 5,300

    @JRoark said:
    @ersmith Using the current version of FlexBASIC on a Win10 platform w/all MS updates installed, after several hours of running using the internal "FlexProp ANSI Terminal", an error pops-up: "FATAL ERROR - Unable to alloc 8048 bytes. [[OK]]". When OK is clicked, the error dialogue, the ANSI terminal window, and the TCL editor all get terminated. Nothing Flex-ish is left running when viewed from the task manager.

    If Flexprop.exe is restarted, the editor settings (specifically tab spacing and fonts) may or may not be reset to the default values.

    This isn't a show-stopper by any means, but it is common for me to leave the terminal window open for days to catch slow-to-show errors.

    The FlexProp GUI seems to be a disaster right now :(. As a work-around you can probably revert to using the old "external" terminal instead of the built in internal one.

    Thanks for the bug report.

  • JRoarkJRoark Posts: 1,026

    “Disaster” is pretty harsh, but there do seem to be some interesting bugs. 👍 The internal terminal only seems to get confused when it gets sent junk over the USB port. Today I ran a test program for 18 hours without a hitch with a 3-foot USB cable. That same code failed within 4 hours when the USB cable was extended to 10 feet. Interesting mischief is afoot!

  • MicksterMickster Posts: 2,052

    @ersmith said:
    The FlexProp GUI seems to be a disaster right now :(. As a work-around you can probably revert to using the old "external" terminal instead of the built in internal one.

    Thanks for the bug report.

    Absolutely NOT it works for me...things are getting done here that probably wouldn't without @ersmith :+1:

  • JRoarkJRoark Posts: 1,026

    @Mickster said:
    ….things are getting done here that probably wouldn't without @ersmith :+1:

    @Mickster D*mn-Skippy straight, Hermano! +1000 👍

Sign In or Register to comment.