Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 FanShell — Parallax Forums

P2 FanShell

CJMJCJMJ Posts: 225
edited 2022-01-30 05:34 in Propeller 2

The P2 Fanshell! This cartridge is optimized for the Rev A P2 Edge. Rev B/C coming shortly. I promise. It uses these fans: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0792BW2VH?ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details&th=1
Not sure how much it will actually cool the P2 but it posed an interesting design challenge. Air enters at the holes on front and rear and exits the fan at the top. The FanShell.zip file contains the .stl files.
Submitted without any warranty or guarantee.
Enjoy!

Comments

• Omg! Is that fan really only 30mm... wow! Found the "in palm" photo on the product page... yep... that's the size !!

The reviews seem to suggest 15C drop. I think with your snug housing that will be significantly better. Given the location of the vent holes, perhaps reversing the fan would make a difference too.

I'll get a pack of these fans on order - even without printing the case they are too cute not to :)

I still didnt setup the 3d printer that cluso recommended last year... really have to make time for this project. Thank you for sharing these files and continuing to motivate me!