Shop Learn P1 Docs P2 Docs
Welcome to the Propeller BASIC code category! — Parallax Forums

Welcome to the Propeller BASIC code category!

VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 2,730
edited 2021-12-09 19:33 in BASIC (for Propeller)

The category for all varieties of BASIC used with the Parallax Propeller 1 and 2.
Supported by the Parallax community.

Comments

  • Maybe the heading could be BASIC for Propeller? Otherwise I see Basic Stamp code drifting in here.

  • @whicker said:
    Maybe the heading could be BASIC for Propeller? Otherwise I see Basic Stamp code drifting in here.

    Agreed. Thanks. Done !

  • Oh this just made my day....many thanks :+1:

  • dennodenno Posts: 208

    Well...I have been a Basic Stamp user now, going on at least two decades. Then, PropBasic came out 1.48 and I have been using the Propeller since then. My question, is...is that still the latest edition to PropBasic?

    If you are wondering why I use PropBasic, is because it sort of "parallels" the Basic Stamp code. BTW I do miss the BS2sx...that was a truely great processor. Thanks to all

  • MicksterMickster Posts: 2,158

    @denno said:
    Well...I have been a Basic Stamp user now, going on at least two decades. Then, PropBasic came out 1.48 and I have been using the Propeller since then. My question, is...is that still the latest edition to PropBasic?

    If you are wondering why I use PropBasic, is because it sort of "parallels" the Basic Stamp code. BTW I do miss the BS2sx...that was a truely great processor. Thanks to all

    Hmmm, I was sure that I had 1.48 but all I see on my system is 1.47.

    Not sure what more could be added to PB actually. I still have an affinity for PropBasic but FlexBasic is where it's at now 👍😎👍

    I haven't tested FB on the P1 yet but it makes P2 programming like child's play.

    Actually a great time for BASIC. I like to have a BASIC interpreter commanding my Props and now we have the fully-open-source Micromite BASIC on the RPi Pico (Picomite) and open-source MMBasic 4 Windows 😎

    Craig

  • 1.48 is the latest in GitHub : https://github.com/parallaxinc/PropBASIC
    bin folder has pre-compiled exe. Can't remember what changed, but Github comments should hold the key.. I hope!

  • @VonSzarvas said:
    1.48 is the latest in GitHub : https://github.com/parallaxinc/PropBASIC
    bin folder has pre-compiled exe. Can't remember what changed, but Github comments should hold the key.. I hope!

    There are also some very nicely detailed comments in the source code. Bean wrote some excellent, clear, concise code! It's in Pascal (Lazarus and Delphi both compiled it quite nicely). You shouldn't have to recompile - the .exe works fine.

Sign In or Register to comment.