Shop Learn P1 Docs P2 Docs
PNut Sources Available - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

PNut Sources Available

2»

Comments

  • So, here's the command line compiler I've been working on, with binaries: https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/174141/spinner2-command-line-spin2-compiler-for-windows-and-linux

  • @cgracey said:
    Wuerfel_21, yes, you must run a DOS box to execute the .bat file. It just does this:

    tasm32 p2com /m /l /z /c

    I am anxious to hear if you get all this to work.

    TASM32.EXE is conveniently included in the PNut repo, but might not ought to be. And it has that pesky dependency on Windows.

    Looking at p2com.asm a little, I was thinking about porting to Yasm or Fasm. Then, it sorta jumped out to me that it is screaming to be converted to PASM2.

    I really like the idea of source code being automatically pushed to my P2 dev board's SD card, then picked up by a P2 cog for self-hosted compilation and reload. Combine then with a very minimalist P2 emulator so the same compiler code can run in PC-hosted tools... Is this a fairy-tale?

  • @brianh said:
    TASM32.EXE is conveniently included in the PNut repo, but might not ought to be. And it has that pesky dependency on Windows.

    WINE is your friend. Windows EXEs are actually the most resillient and generally best way to distribute any binary code on any OS (assuming x86, mind you). Linux executable would have broken 50 times over since whenever the last TASM release was. TASM is a hybrid DOS/Win32 EXE even.

  • brianhbrianh Posts: 14
    edited 2022-09-23 19:53

    @Wuerfel_21 said:

    @brianh said:

    WINE is your friend.

    I only like it in moderation, actually. And I feel just a little bit dirty every time I use it. I also really want all my tools (not other software) to be open source.

  • ersmithersmith Posts: 5,446

    @brianh said:

    @Wuerfel_21 said:

    @brianh said:

    WINE is your friend.

    I only like it in moderation, actually. And I feel just a little bit dirty every time I use it. I also really want all my tools (not other software) to be open source.

    For open source P1 and P2 tools there's also github.com/totalspectrum/flexprop, which has a compiler (Spin1, Spin2, C, and BASIC input, PASM, PASM2, or P1 bytecode output), loader, and primitive GUI to tie them together.

  • @ersmith said:

    For open source P1 and P2 tools there's also github.com/totalspectrum/flexprop, which has a compiler (Spin1, Spin2, C, and BASIC input, PASM, PASM2, or P1 bytecode output), loader, and primitive GUI to tie them together.

    Thanks for the recommendation. I've been tinkering with flexspin and like it a lot. Also used openspin for P1.

    It's a great (super/awesome/fabulous) idea to have reuse of existing C code as a pseudo-object in a Spin2 application.

Sign In or Register to comment.