Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 and FlexBasic — Parallax Forums

P2 and FlexBasic

@JRoark was absolutely correct when he raved about FlexBasic :+1:

I was worried that I wouldn't get very far with the P2 but OMG.... Thanks again for a couple of pointers (no pun) from @Ariba, I'm writing code that..... WORKS 😂🤣

The only thing slowing me down is staring at my screen in amazement 😁

Many, many thanks to Parallax for such an awesome product and also to @ersmith for making it possible for me to actually do amazing things with it 👍😎

Comments

• Without the @ersmith Flex suite, I’d have left the P2 a while ago. I avoid Spin like the plague. Why should I have to learn a new (semi-documented) chip AND a new (semi-documented) language at the same time? For me that is a recipe for disaster. And C is what I use when I’m seeking attonement via a pointer to a pointer to some terrible past sin. Assembly makes my head hurt and my eyes glaze over and Forth is… well… its forth. But BASIC just rocks my world! And once its all compiled, the P2 cant tell the difference to hold it against me. Lol. So yeah… @Mickster I totally relate! 🤣

• I also like FlexBASIC, a lot. ersmith has come a long way since the days of just plain flexspin. The only thing that is lacking is a proploader to allow for remote access to the P2 and a lot more drivers that can be accessed with FlexBASIC. Also, maybe adding some way of being able to use the P2 interrupts, it is in the P2. Then I guess we will need more RAM, for our super projects.

Ray

• @Rsadeika said:
    I also like FlexBASIC, a lot. ersmith has come a long way since the days of just plain flexspin. The only thing that is lacking is a proploader to allow for remote access to the P2 and a lot more drivers that can be accessed with FlexBASIC. Also, maybe adding some way of being able to use the P2 interrupts, it is in the P2. Then I guess we will need more RAM, for our super projects.

Ray

So what's the issue re: remote access? TBH, I don't get excited about the ESP stuff. I have some Tibbo products and feel more comfortable with their offering:

https://tibbo.com/store/modules/wm2000.html