Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Notepad++ Editor FunctionList and Syntax Highlighting for Taqoz / Tachyon / Forth — Parallax Forums

Notepad++ Editor FunctionList and Syntax Highlighting for Taqoz / Tachyon / Forth

Hi,
although I am not at all very good in RegularExpressions perhaps this might be useful for others.

Notebook++ is a very nice Editor, which can do code folding. You can define this and Syntax Highlighting behaviour for a language.
I use
\ { to mark the start of a code text block and
\ } to mark the end of it.

In addition you can have a "FunctionList", to jump fast in a file. In this case it is a list of the Forth words, defined in this file. I did define this in a way to print the word name together with the rest of the first line, because this will display the stack diagram and some comments as well.

In my setup, the files yforth.xml and overrideMAP.xml are located in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\functionList
and have to be inserted/replaced there.
The File "UD YForth.xml" has to be imported and stored as user defined language YForth after starting Notepad++. (I use this name "YForth", because I do use YAFFA-Forth as well.)

Comments, improvements,.... welcome!
Have fun, Christof