Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How frequently are PNut SPIN2 innovations incorporated into the Propeller Tool software ? — Parallax Forums

How frequently are PNut SPIN2 innovations incorporated into the Propeller Tool software ?

Hi All,

When should we expect the new floating-point math SPIN2 capabilities to be integrated into Propeller Tool software ? I assume there is a significant amount of beta-testing by the P2 community via PNut before new features are actually incorporated into the Propeller Tool product.

I see that the latest version 2.5.3 of Propeller Tool was released Mar 15, 2021, with earlier updates in Feb. and Dec 2020. When might we expect to see the next version of Propeller Tool released ?

Thanks.

Comments

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,184

It happens when appropriate ... is probably the best direct answer. Better to just say you want to see floats added to Proptool.

As for the state of Pnut testing. Eric has highlighted that Pnut's floats are not IEEE compliant yet. I'm not sure how much that really matters to most people here but I'm thinking Chip probably will at least check it out before anything happens with getting floats into Proptool.

• Unfortunately, @"Jeff Martin" is very busy -- we may have to wait a while.