Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
p2 + cp2102 + flexprop — Parallax Forums

p2 + cp2102 + flexprop

Has anyone has success using this with a kiss100 board?
Jim

Comments

• I have no CP2102 but I use FlexProp regularly. The KISS boards should work with any USB-to-RS232 adaptor that supports at least 230kBd.

Just leave the 5th pin of the programming connector (JP1) open. (see manual)

Did you have any problems? If yes, what error messages do you get? Does it work with PropTool?

The simplest possible test if you have a connection is to select "enter P2 ROM TAQOZ" from the "special" menu of FlexProp. This should always work as it only uses RCFAST clock and autobaud. loadp2 is sometimes a bit picky.

• AleAle Posts: 2,363

But does it need the reset circuit with the transistor ? Like the P1 ? (sorry if it was answered, I haven't been following all the discussions)

• Yes, the same transistor circuit for reset, like the ProgPlug for the P1

• ManAtWork,
    I do not have a transistor reset circuit on my cp2102 board. What pin does it connect to on JP1? I am going to have to figure out how to add the reset to my existing configuration. I tried the Tachoz switch in flexprop, and I get no Propellar found.I am going to go back to my P1 Board to see if in fact I can download a program to a P1. It does recognze the P1 board but not the P2.
    Jim

• @RS_Jim said:
    ManAtWork,
    I do not have a transistor reset circuit on my cp2102 board. What pin does it connect to on JP1? I am going to have to figure out how to add the reset to my existing configuration. I tried the Tachoz switch in flexprop, and I get no Propellar found.I am going to go back to my P1 Board to see if in fact I can download a program to a P1. It does recognze the P1 board but not the P2.
    Jim

Do you have a PropPlug? Should be in everybody's tool box. Can't trust some of the Chinese CP2102.

• Unfortunately my prop plug fell victum to a ground loop! I was hoping to get my Kiss board going without having to purchase a new prop plug.
    Jim

• jmgjmg Posts: 15,145

@RS_Jim said:
    Unfortunately my prop plug fell victum to a ground loop! I was hoping to get my Kiss board going without having to purchase a new prop plug.
    Jim

You should be able to define the COM port, and manually reset P2 to check for 'signs of life'.

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069

@RS_Jim said:
    ManAtWork,
    Jim

Check my RetroBlade2 schematic. Every P2 & P1 design should include the transistor reset circuit. I have tried in vain to get all to do this without success. Almost all my boards have the reset circuit via an optional link.

• If you open "Demo Board Schematic (pdf)" from the help menu of the old PropTool it's there:

Don't know why this was dropped in the new PropTool. :|