Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Morphing an incremental encoder driver to T_Forth — Parallax Forums

Morphing an incremental encoder driver to T_Forth

ErNaErNa Posts: 1,742
edited 2021-08-07 22:27 in Forth

To run a motor the presence of a incremental encoder as means to control the motor or to verify the sensorless angle detection is a good feature to have.
So I upload a version of a incremental encoder driver I developed over a few years "as it is" to recall what I did and create some documentation.
This incremental encoder will run in a separate task and shall be moved to TAQOZ Forth. With the improved P2 it should be possible to run several channels. This driver also could work as a input for a hand wheel to control a CNC machine or whatever use can be made from having a hand wheel or knob with quadrature output.
The frame of the driver uses a communication mechanism I tried to implement in every modul and this mechanism could be improved to allow better process control. I remember there were efforts in the forum but they didn't find much resonance. Now everybody is welcome to follow this project.
This thread should be moved to the ForthSpace if such a category is made.

There is a Concept Map where I document the module in all it's beauty. Anybody who downloads CMapTools to his computer can gain access to that map and help improve it.
This link just leads to a rendered version of the CMap to be able to get the information without any installation of the tool. The possibilities are limited compared to the tool. The map will be filled step by step.