Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Autopilot RC plane control — Parallax Forums

Autopilot RC plane control

Hi, I am new into RC hobby and want to install RC plane with an autopilot with RC transmitter to provide channel override commands and full control when autopilot is disabled. I have found various information on web for using mavlink commands to perform servo control but confused on how to implement it. I am listing what i understood to be done, with request from all experts to provide feedback.
Scenario1: Provide channel override commands while autopilot in assisted mode
My understanding 1: This can be done by sending assisted mode mavlink command (if any) to autopilot and connecting RC receiver PPM signals to appropriate autopilot pins

My understanding 2: This can be done by sending assisted mode mavlink command (if any) to autopilot and sending mavlink channel override command followed by DO_SET_SERVO command to steer servo connected to a control surface (rudder, elevator or pitch)

Scenario2: Control plane when autopilot in manual mode
My understanding 1: This can be done by sending manual mode mavlink command (if any) to autopilot and connecting RC receiver PPM signals to appropriate autopilot pins

My understanding 2: This can be done by sending manual mode mavlink command (if any) to autopilot and sending mavlink channel override command followed by DO_SET_SERVO command to steer servo connected to a control surface (rudder, elevator or pitch)

Comments

• Hey Masood,

You might be better looking for an RC forum, as Parallax is not working with RC and mavlink.

All the best with your project.

• Masood
    Parallax used to make a drone kit called the Elev-8 quadcopter. Look on Learn.parallax.com Elev-8 for instructions. Lots of good hobby servo stuff at parallax, I'd start out with a WX activity board or Boe bot. Boe-bot is a good choice for hobby servo pwm.