Shop Learn
What cost more — Parallax Forums

What cost more

What cost more, the P2 or the packing.

1536 x 2048 - 741K

Comments

  • They need the money to make their payments to the patent attorneys. ;-)

  • As it works out, we keep a steady balance of those waffle-pack trays. Chips arrive in them, chips leave in them. It seems we don't have to actually buy them.

    It probably works out like this from our procurement numbers: the die is about 70% of the cost. The remaining 30% of our cost is packaging, shipping, waffle trays, desiccant, drying out for MSL3 (which we can avoid if we ship quickly), and counting / moving parts around.

    No patent attorneys.

    Ken Gracey

  • AJLAJL Posts: 384

    Ken, you might have missed the fact that the trays have ‘Patent Pending’ stamped into them. That makes some of us wonder whether the empty trays would cost significantly less than the full ones 😆

  • @"Ken Gracey" said:
    As it works out, we keep a steady balance of those waffle-pack trays. Chips arrive in them, chips leave in them. It seems we don't have to actually buy them.

    Unfortunatelly, this doesn't apply to me. I throw away about 5 trays per month because the distributors refuse to take them back for recycling.

  • Clever package design, but don't they make these in 2's, 4's, 6's...etc., I bought 10-20 ea. P1's, they send them in the same tray package the size of a keyboard.

  • My wish came true, ordered 10 P1's from mouser and they came in a small box.

    1536 x 2048 - 971K
Sign In or Register to comment.