Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 Live Forum this week on Wednesday May 26th? — Parallax Forums

P2 Live Forum this week on Wednesday May 26th?

Hey all,

We don't have a meeting planned for this week, but I'm happy to add one. Are there any special topics somebody would like to share, questions to ask, ideas to discuss?

Just let me know and I'll put it together on Monday.

Ken Gracey

Comments

• Hi Ken, If you have a meeting I can do a demo of in-browser animatronic driven by P1 over SBUS as one time slot. Maybe a P2 version also.

• JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,927
    edited 2021-05-24 16:53

@VBBSim Did you write the S.BUS driver for the P1? I recently wrote one which took a bit of inspiration from Jason Dorie's work as well as my P2 S.BUS driver. Would love to see what others have done.

• Actually I cheated by porting your P2 PASM inner loop code to P1. My library is not as flexible as it also drives the serial connection and uses the whole COG without trying to share. I will post the code when I write up the project. I am happy to be introduced to SBUS because it can be used in a number of different ways.

• JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,927
    edited 2021-05-24 17:19

Here's my P1 port of S.BUS (with a test program) in case you're interested. I reconnected everything and did a quick test to check the duration of "busy" while the cog is converting the raw stream to position values -- turns out to be 24us.

• Thank you that is very useful to verify my implementation. Is there a TX version? These projects seem to be hosted in some repo as per the readme. Is this known location?

• @VBBSim said:
    Hi Ken, If you have a meeting I can do a demo of in-browser animatronic driven by P1 over SBUS as one time slot. Maybe a P2 version also.

Sounds good. Chip will host and I won't be able to attend.

Ken Gracey