RC Submarine - Autonomous control upon loss of PW
- I currently own a BoE and have successfully programmed (with MUCH help from ClockLoop - thank you!!) a BS2 to automate some functions in a scale Remote Control (RC) submarine I have built - leak detect functions, LED light illumination and differing indications based on loss of PW or a leak.
- If a 2.4GHZ transmitter /receiver is utilized for the model the 2.4GHZ will NOT penetrate water - as soon as the antenna dips below the surface reception is lost.
- My intent is to increase the functionality of my current program such that if the model submarine antenna does dip underwater UNINTENTIONALLY (provided I am using a 2.4GHZ radio - 75MHZ can penetrate fresh water up to about 10' at .75 Watts) resulting in loss of reception with the transmitter the onboard microcontroller will recognize this condition, and then drive the servos and ESC to immediately return the submarine to the surface.
- I would also like the option to select pre-determined navigation routines that can be pre-selected prior to INTENTIONALLY driving the submarine (and antenna) below the surface.
- Would also be a bonus if using a 75MHZ radio and driving underwater to be able to flip a switch and have a navigation routine take over.
- Assume control by either a 75MHZ or 2.4GHZ RC aircraft transmitter.
- Can I do this with my BS2? What products would best suit my purpose if not the BS2 and would the require a programming board other than than the board of education?? Size is a constraint - the tubes inside the submarine that are waterproof are anywhere from 2.5" to 3.5" in diameter.
- I need to drive at least 6 servos - possibly 8
- Is there a 2.4GHZ antenna chip I can use to interface with the microcontroller vice using an off-the-shelf 2.4GHZ RC receiver? If so - how do I bind the antenna chip to the receiver?
- Do I need an add-on board to dump the navigation routine onto which would control the servos while the main microcontroller would monitor for PW and other inputs (depth, magnetic heading)?
THANK YOU ALL in advance of your advice and guidance.