Replacement suggestions for the SX28 surface mount (or DIP) microcontroller
Been a while since I've had time to work on many new electronics and robotics projects! Finally getting some time to catch up where I left off.
One project used a surface mount SX28 chip. Unfortunately those now seem to be completely unavailable and I'm sure not recommended for new designs. Sad because I really liked those chips.
So I am looking for something similar to that processor. Some features desired are:
- 5V friendly I/O pins and supply
- SSOP28 or similar package
- At least 16 available digital I/O (more preferred)
- Built in serial UART ideally using additional pins
- Simple clocking: External Resonator, Internal, or Crystal (was running at 4Mhz (faster ok)
- Don't need a ton of memory. Was getting by with 2K flash and 136 bytes of RAM. More is fine!
I don't think Parallax directly offers any equivalent parts. While I think the Propeller is awesome it doesn't seem to fit for this project.
Anyone switch from the SX28 to a different chip? What did you use and what tools are available?