Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
My First Parallax Robot — Parallax Forums

My First Parallax Robot

I recently ran across these pictures and thought I'd post them. My first official "Parallax" robot would have been the FIRST robot I assisted LaPorte High School with here in Texas back in 2001. My company at the time knew I was working with Basic Stamps and asked if I could mentor the high school. Evidently the F.I.R.S.T. robot controller had IIRC 2 Basic Stamps embedded within it. I'm trying to find the one I have in my storage unit. When I do I'll post a picture of the control unit. Anyway, I helped design their electronics, program the robot and coded a telemetry display on a laptop in Visual Basic (I'm still trying to find this code as well). My major contribution to the mechanical design was a sandpaper covered plate on the bottom of the robot that would shoot down under pneumatic control and lift the robot off of its wheels. Several of the teams used RoboDog as blocker because once the plate was down it could NOT be moved. We could also lift the plate when needed. The first time we used the plate in competition the judges tried to eliminate us but since it didn't damage the carpet they approved its use.
640 x 480 - 37K
640 x 480 - 36K
1600 x 1200 - 3M
1200 x 1600 - 407K
1600 x 1200 - 357K
1200 x 1600 - 443K

Comments