I have been away from my project for quite a while. My old laptop died and I had much more pressing financial concerns than getting a new one.
I was using Win8 to go through Getting Started with XBee RF Modules (Book part #122-32450 and had successfully proved my circuits were functional and my coding was doing what I wanted. The short of it is I had a major heart attack
My Drs. now tell me that just a couple more 'procedures' and my heart will be back to full and proper operation and I will no longer have to keep the nitro pills on my person at all times. Best of all they tell me the fog that has crept into my brain will completely go away.
In anticipation of my renewal and before all my funds went to 'uncovered' incidentals I looked for and found a suitable HP Pavilion. It came with Win 10 built in. I went to Digi and downloaded XCTU. Now all the menus are different and I can no longer change or verify parameters of my XBee modules.
XCTU will recognize the XBee connected via all three Parallax adaptors and even recognize the remote XBee set up for loopback/range testing. When I go to configuration mode to setup the local XBee nothing displays on the configuration screen so there is no way I can set the parameters such as API mode and unit addresses.
I realize this is a looong posting but it is no where as long as it took me to type, retype and retype it again. Digi does not understand my problem or has no idea how to work around it. I need to find a way to set up my 802.15.4 XBee units or all my work and expense is lost.
Thanks for any and all suggestions,