using multiple frequencies to control a stepper motor.

13»

Comments

• It's saying that PWM_FREQ is not defined. Look at your declaration for PWM_FREQ in the CON section. It has two underscores instead of one.
  • bbrienbbrien Posts: 380
    edited 2020-12-17 09:58
    Fixed the double underscore , now I get error "expected ",". " on line for Step.Synth( SIDE_RATE) at closing ")". New program follows
  • In the OBJ Stepper.spin can I use a decimal in the scale.
  • Dave HeinDave Hein Posts: 6,264
    edited 2020-12-18 12:20
    No, but we can change the way the frequency is computed to make it more precise. I'll take a look at it.
  • I modified the telescope mount program so that it passes the frequency scaled by 10 to the stepper.set_speed routine. I defined the constant RA_RATE to set the base value for the RA speed. This should be set to the frequency needed to generate the sidereal speed. The value is currently set to 9_5, which corresponds to 9.5 Hz.

The SCALE value in stepper.spin must be changed to a value of 4 so that it divides the parameter received in set_speed by 10 to get the right frequency.
  • bbrienbbrien Posts: 380
    edited 2020-12-21 07:43
    OK now it's working like a champ. I got it down to 8Hz and the orion mount is tracking about one minute slow in 30 minutes. The meade mount uses a larger gear on the RA axis which is good news. Thanks for all your help. Willl include picture
    2560 x 1920 - 907K