Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Mystery Box Cornucopia - Fall 2020 — Parallax Forums

Mystery Box Cornucopia - Fall 2020

Who might be interested in a Fall 2020 Mystery Box special offering?

We have included a cornucopia of demo robots, legacy treasures, collectibles, returns, as well as some awesome sensors, microcontrollers, robotic parts, and some hardware specifically curated from our new stock for the purpose of stuffing these deals like a Thanksgiving Turkey! We’re cleaning out the refrigerator for you. Whatever the size of your appetite is, we have a box for you.

(#910-10003) Mystery Box Hors d'oeuvres --- $55 25 to be available
(#910-10002) Mystery Box Appetizer --- $66 25 to be available
(#910-10001) Mystery Box Main Course --- $77 23 to be available

Plus, two major wins along the way! Two lucky Fall 2020 Mystery Box connoisseurs will also receive a delicious dessert valued upward of $240. Randomly picked grand prize winners will receive either SF30-C Laser Range Finder (#28058) or an SF11-C Laser Range Finder (#28054).

Anybody interested? If so, keep watch for release details!

Ken Gracey

MysteryBox%20Image.jpg
IMG_0434.JPG
IMG_0438.JPG
IMG_0435.JPG
1089 x 1936 - 223K
960 x 960 - 192K
2592 x 1458 - 570K
2592 x 1458 - 411K

Comments

• I'm not greedy - I'll just take "one of each!"

Any BSLAs tucked away in all that pile?
  • BSLAs? As in BASIC Stamp Logic Analyzer, from 15 years ago?

@davejames I think they've all sailed into the abyss by now. Ask me another question :)

Ken Gracey
  • Isn't' all the good stuff gone by now with the second round? :)
  • Publison wrote: »
    Isn't' all the good stuff gone by now with the second round? :)

Parallax is like a farm, except we've been planting goodies for 30 years and haven't really done an inter-office harvest until recently.

Ken Gracey
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2020-09-22 23:49
    I'm in to get one of the Activity Board prototype for my museum. Main Course please. I'll leave a tip. :)

EDIT: PAB may be new as the photo has been photoshopped. Colors changed.
    Who is going to get the Parallax Professional Development Board? That would be a score!
  • Publison wrote: »
    I'm in to get one of the Activity Board prototype for my museum. Main Course please. I'll leave a tip. :)

The Parallax Nashville Museum must be expanding these days! Between you and Roy we are properly archived.

Ken Gracey
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Publison wrote: »

The Parallax Nashville Museum must be expanding these days! Between you and Roy we are properly archived.

Ken Gracey

LOL! That's the only way I can support the forums. :)
  • frank freedmanfrank freedman Posts: 1,974
    edited 2020-09-23 00:39
    When does the curtain rise on this show? And @Publison perhaps parallax could come up with a gen2 PPDB with the P2.....

2nd mystery box, meh.... 3rd box WOW! Wonder where the next will fall on the wow meter scale.....
  • Lol, Ken, there is a LOT of older parallax products that I do not have in my "museum". Toddler, Penguin, Quadrover, and other old stuff, they are just unobtanium for me.
  • Oh my gosh. The curators are coming out of the interwebs. . . .

You have NO Penguin? Really? NO Penguin? Unobtanium? New word for me. BRB.....

===============
    un·ob·tain·i·um
    /ˌənəbˈtānēəm/
    Learn to pronounce
    nounINFORMAL
    noun: unobtanium
    a highly desirable material that is hypothetical, scientifically impossible, extremely rare, costly, or fictional, or has some of these properties in combination. "what type of cabling are we talking about, steel, composite, unobtainium?"
    ===============

Wow. We may be able to make at least one of these dreams come true.

Ken Gracey
  • Yeah Ken, really, no penguin, no toddler, no quadrover, and no Hex Crawler (probably the most unobtanium).
  • I'd give one of my lives to participate in this, but, ah, I'm told I do not have the money to cover such things any more. However should be I able to raise the cover charge for this, I'd like to track down any of the Stamp developer boards. Oh and one of the clear boxes for them.

---
    That's strange now the bot is burying an even bigger bag. It's about the size of a small vehicle.
  • DaveJensonDaveJenson Posts: 370
    edited 2020-09-23 16:44
    Missing the "Main Course" still....

(or they sold out in record time!)
  • These things may have moved a little too quick this time.

Ken
  • Roy ElthamRoy Eltham Posts: 2,996
    edited 2020-09-23 16:43
    I refreshed the page starting at 9am, to get in.
    Didn't wait for your email or any postings.

Also, looks like the 2 none-main-course boxes are still available, as of 9:45am.
  • Uhh, uhh. Roy Eltham seems to have procured a load of booty from Parallax.

This is getting interesting.

Ken Gracey
  • Oh no,
    my left brain half said "no, you cannot afford it"
    my right brain half said to the left "sorry, I can't hear you, did you say he can afford it, ok, it's ordered"
    oh yes! :smile:
    edited 2020-09-23 18:52
    All gone!

73 boxes in less than 3 hours!
  • Dang, missed it. I got the email this morning and figured I'd have time to snag some when I was done with work. I couldn't believe they were all gone when I finally checked in. I'm impressed (and disappointed ;) ).
  • davejames wrote: »
    I'm not greedy - I'll just take "one of each!"

Any BSLAs tucked away in all that pile?

Luckily I till have a working one and one dead one. they don't like being plugged in backwards. :( I contacted https://usbee.com/suite.html but they were not interested in replacing the Cyprus chip.
  • davejamesdavejames Posts: 4,045
    edited 2020-09-25 02:22
    Luckily I till have a working one and one dead one. they don't like being plugged in backwards. :( I contacted https://usbee.com/suite.html but they were not interested in replacing the Cyprus chip.

Yeah...I have a couple blown BSLAs and I think two working units. They sure were handy little devils. Bought a USBee to fill in the debug tool arsenal. And when I asked USBee about repairing the broken BSLAs, they said "talk to Parallax". I bought the Cypress chip, thinking I'd repair one myself, but then gave up when I found out the chip had to be programmed. No way to do it myself, or have it done killed the repair effort.

Oh, and I completely missed out on the recent mystery boxes. :frowning:
  • frank freedmanfrank freedman Posts: 1,974
    edited 2020-09-25 02:31
    Up with the son until 0500 then slept through the sale. ^ Maybe next time. Probably gonna order a couple bare P2s if this is the final Si spin. What's money if you don't spend it at parallax and digikey/mouser/Avnet...
  • Mine showed up today, very nice set of stuff, and I got a desert too! Woohoo!
    edited 2020-09-25 19:24
    Roy Eltham wrote: »
    Mine showed up today, very nice set of stuff, and I got a desert too! Woohoo!

Pictures or it didn't happen. :)

Mine will not be here until Tuesday. Must have some batteries.
  • Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
    edited 2020-09-26 02:09
    ROFL

This post is edited, but the area where publison quoted me remains the previous post.
    edited 2020-09-25 19:25
    Clock Loop wrote: »
    ROFL

Uhh, I think you need a T in that statement, otherwise you are implying you want pictures ... of your birth?
    I don't think anyone wants to see pictures of that....

Point taken. :)
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    Clock Loop wrote: »
    Lol, you edited my quote? Geez now my comment makes no sense. Isn't that abuse of moderator powers? ;)

I'm curious, did your quote get edited or is the forum software sophisticated enough to do that automatically?

I hope it is the former, and I would ask that unless there is a very good reason for it, that the moderators refrain from exercising their powers. ;-)
  • Clock Loop wrote: »
    ROFL

Uhh, I think you need a T in that statement, otherwise you are implying you want pictures ... of your birth?
    I don't think anyone wants to see pictures of that....

Lol, you edited my quote? Geez now my comment makes no sense. Isn't that abuse of moderator powers? ;)
    You can just delete this post then, now its not funny, we don't need more things on this forum to make me look like a jerk/idiot, I already do that well enough myself.

I did not touch your post at all. We look forward to your posts.
  • Clock Loop wrote: »

You can just delete this post then, now its not funny, we don't need more things on this forum to make me look like a jerk/idiot, I already do that well enough myself.

Just checked the change logs and shows nada. Would you like to repost?