Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P1 newbie question (continued from "P2 newbie question") - answered. — Parallax Forums

P1 newbie question (continued from "P2 newbie question") - answered.

MaciekMaciek Posts: 668
edited 2020-08-21 12:47 in Propeller 1
I am shifting the discussion from the initial thread in the P2 section as it evolved towards P1 and no longer relates to the P2. Let us not confuse readers. Thanks.

Comments

• Where are you located?
  • @Mickster Poland.
  • Not sure when I'll be back at base, here in the UK but if you are having difficulty obtaining a P1 etc., maybe I can send you some stuff.
    I purchased the remaining stock from Spinvent.co.uk when they closed. Not sure what I have but I'd be happy to help you get going. I don't require payment.

IIRC, there is at least a DIP 40 and possibly a development board.
  • @Mickster Wow, that is a super generous offer. I must accept it, I guess with a big thank you.
    Did I say good folks here on the forum ?
    The fact is, it is not about the cost of the boards. I just refuse to be ripped off by a Distributor because they happen to carry the stuff I need and in stock. I usually do at least some basic research before making a purchase. As it happens, it pays off all the time.
  • I'll order some basic stuff somewhere tomorrow and before it arrives I'll be reading the docs on the P1 and designing (to big a word for that) my first, own dev board for it. Plenty to do in this regard and there is work, home...the usual.
  • I've ordered only the parts I am sure I would need for the simplistic P1 dev board and opened a new discussion here http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/171993/p1-diy-minimal-dev-board-a-weekend-project, if anyone is interested.

The parts ordered are a P1 QFP chip and an EEPROM in a soic package and that's all I need to acomplish my little project plus some mental and manual effort. The remaining items needed for the board I think I already have so the fun begins at this very moment.