Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PropLoader board config file mystery — Parallax Forums

PropLoader board config file mystery

I'm having a problem trying to get PropLoader to work. Here's what happened:

- So, after getting tired of dragging .binary files into Propeller Tool, I finally wanted to set up a command-line P1 loader.
- So I compiled the latest PropLoader.
- And it worked (after figuring out that it doesn't work properly in minTTY..).
- But annoyingly, I have to always specify all the board settings.
- But ah, there's support for board configuration Files.
- Except PropLoader doesn't come with any example configurations or documentation on the format.
- But SimpleIDE does; So I copied a .cfg file, edited it and added it to boards.txt. SimpleIDE can now load my board, cool and good.
- So I copy that .cfg file to where I installed PropLoader and try to "proploader -b myboard -T test.binary" and it tells me "error: can't find board configuration 'myboard'"
- Looking at SimpleIDE's load command, it gives option -I the path to the board files. So I try "proploader -I "C:/installpath/" -b myboard -T test.binary". Same problem.
- I try "proploader -I "C:/Program Files (x86)/SimpleIDE/bin/../propeller-gcc/propeller-load/" -b myboard -T test.binary" This works.
- So I try copying that entire folder somewhere else and try "proploader -I "C:/installpath/test/" -b myboard -T test.binary" This inexplicably doesn't work (even if I specify another board type that should be available)

So the question is: What do I have to do to get PropLoader to read my config files without pointing -I into the SimpleIDE install directroy? And why does it make any difference?

Comments

• What compiler are you using? Do you actually need config files? I've used both propeller-load and (more recently) propman, neither of which require any config files, from a Makefile without any problem.
  • Wuerfel_21Wuerfel_21 Posts: 4,507
    edited 2020-08-03 21:12
    The compiler isn't really relevant here (since I'm just trying to upload pre-compiled .binary files).
    And yes, I need config files to make reset on RTS and SD card file uploading (-f switch) work (also, propeller-load uses config files, the same as proploader (since they're more-or-less the same program))
    Well, technically I could just put all the configurations onto the command line, but that is obviously less-than-ideal