Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RemoteControl with Gripper 3.0 Close Okay Issue with Open - Servo Not Responding-Program Issue — Parallax Forums

RemoteControl with Gripper 3.0 Close Okay Issue with Open - Servo Not Responding-Program Issue

Remote ( Brightstar from Parallax #29122)) works okay - receiver test code , gripper test code okay, drive code okay but when I add the gripper code to the drive code ( see attached ) servo does not respond to CASE 6 ; all other cases work fine; It complies and loads into Ram ( one time ) but when I depress button 6 ( after the gripper picks up ball - button 5))- no response . I tried it without the ball - gripper closes okay but still no response with button 6
How do I get the gripper to drop the ball ( " sounds like my dog ")

Comments

• Can you detach the rod that connects the servo to the gripper? If so run the program testing buttons 5 and 6 to make sure the servo is rotating and in the correct direction.

If it is then there may be something binding in the gripper mechanism. Can you manually open and close the gripper (rod still detatched)? Is there any resistance to opening?

Tom
  • If the disconnected servo doesn't respond, there could be a problem with the remote (the program looked ok).

A couple of things to try:
    Choose a different key and case value to see if that can make the servo open the gripper.

Or connect a LED and resistor to the servo control pin (pin 16) and add some code to case 6 to light the LED when you press that key.
  • The values opend and closed have not been given values (forgot con?).
  • thanks
    All good ideas
    I'll work thru them
    Happy 4th
  • I noticed that there was no assignment of values to opened and closed, but he said the program compiled and worked except for the gripper opening. He should have gotten an error message.???
  • twm47099twm47099 Posts: 867
    edited 2020-07-05 17:54
    twm47099 wrote: »
    I noticed that there was no assignment of values to opened and closed, but he said the program compiled and worked except for the gripper opening. He should have gotten an error message.???

I guessed wrong. The assembly instructions show that open should be set to the value of 160 and closed set to 80. I forgot that C variables when declared default to 0. So the program was over setting or trying to overset the servo to 0 degrees when closing, but never getting a command to open.