Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Who or what is "Parallax P2 Support"? — Parallax Forums

Who or what is "Parallax P2 Support"?

Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
edited 2020-06-07 01:10 in Propeller 2
@VonSzarvas mentioned that "the right place for concerns with strategy are to Parallax support." So I have the question, who or what is Parallax support in regards to the P2. Who knows enough about the P2 but is not that bogged down in aspects of development or other things so that they can co-ordinate and manage P2 as a real project, and as a real product? Is there an official support person?

Note:
I've found that as the engineer responsible for actual design and development, that even though I know every aspect of the project, that at the same time I am not the best person to actually "manage" the project, least of all to actually support it ;)

Comments

• When you send a message to support@parallax.com it can be answered directly by the following people:

- VonSzarvas
    - Jeff Martin
    - Andy Lindsay
    - Ken Gracey

Depending on the issue we may need to loop in others - Chip, sales, manufacturing - it all just depends. We're just now learning about the P2 internally. At the moment our team is only learning about the P2 and we are asking customers to use the forums since many people here contributed to the design.

As for P2 project management, that's not our strong point so far. The engineer in charge isn't particularly responsive to management, nor is it his specialty. I'll be adding some project management formality to the planning in the coming weeks. Just last week, we brought our editor into the P2 effort to manage documentation contributions from the community.

Ken Gracey
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2020-06-07 09:17
    Thanks Ken, this is a good start and can help us all to move forward and even though we are like busy little honey bees going off in different directions, we all have the big "P" hive we can come back to, to share the fruits of our labor.