Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How to use CRCBIT and/or CRCNIB for CRC7 (for MMC)? - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

How to use CRCBIT and/or CRCNIB for CRC7 (for MMC)?

2»

Comments

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    Andy,
    I tried all sorts of reversals and inversions and just couldn't get crcbit or crcnib to work. Didn't think of shifting the poly :(
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,900
    @Ariba it works! Thanks. I was almost there, but you saved me some time.

Maybe the code in the earlier posts would have worked too if I had done only 5 bytes instead of 5 and 7/8 bytes...

It's so bizarre now how that 5-7/8 byte code actually works... Those last seven zeros must clean up something not done right earlier...
    edited 2020-06-03 20:53
    I also found a table method here that works with 5 bytes:
    http://chibios.sourceforge.net/docs3/hal/hal__mmc__spi_8c_source.html

edited 2020-06-03 21:01
    This is great. I can now push the whole sector read code into assembly and hopefully get better performance.

BTW: This CRC code helped speed up the eMMC Spin code a little. But, I'm still seeing a series of single block reads as being much slower than a big multiblock read. Maybe that's just the way it is? I'm not seeing anything in my code that would account for this...
    Looks like I’ll need crc16 to write to eMMC...

The crcnib will be a huge help there I hope
  • Rayman wrote: »
    Looks like I’ll need crc16 to write to eMMC...

The crcnib will be a huge help there I hope

If not, you could use a table driven approach from LUTRAM perhaps. Should still be quite fast.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    Rayman wrote: »
    This is great. I can now push the whole sector read code into assembly and hopefully get better performance.

BTW: This CRC code helped speed up the eMMC Spin code a little. But, I'm still seeing a series of single block reads as being much slower than a big multiblock read. Maybe that's just the way it is? I'm not seeing anything in my code that would account for this...

@Rayman
    I suggest you look at my SD code I've just released if you want to get it running fast. It works in COG or LUT.
    It should drop in to your code easily :sunglasses:

For the CRC routine, I believe if you provide the last $00 (extra) byte (which gets replaced by the crc) but instead use $80 I believe you can then run the crc routine completely without the last statement that fiddles the routine to use 7 bits, and then does another fix. Haven't had time to try it yet.