Shop Learn
Is there a better description of the p2 instructions than the Rev B doc and spreadsheet? - Page 4 — Parallax Forums

Is there a better description of the p2 instructions than the Rev B doc and spreadsheet?

124»

Comments

  • ersmith wrote: »

    If I added bytecode support to fastspin would anyone use it? I really have the impression that people will use Spin2 no matter what, because it's the "official" compiler.

    I don't need this added complication. And i don't think you should have to do this kind of duplicate work.

    I wish there was a memory model that could page in and out code if programs get too large for RAM. My only experience with that is virtual memory, but maybe there's a simpler way?

    Again I'm just thinking out loud on what the real problem to solve could be. As in no matter how much code gets compressed using byte code, you'd still run out of space.
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,179
    edited 2020-04-05 19:56
    I feel the same. If bytecode goes in, fine. I will use it. Nice to have, not a requirement of any kind.

    When I have run out of space, I will probably just build to an address and page it in and out.

    Nobody went to hospital. But was close. And we could not get tests.

    When the antibody test arrives, we can find out if we got it, or...

    Regarding immunity, nobody knows. May be brief, may endure.

    Stay safe everyone. What we got was no joke.
  • evanhevanh Posts: 10,916
    potatohead wrote: »
    Nobody went to hospital. But was close. And we could not get tests.

    When the antibody test arrives, we can find out if we got it, or...
    Sounds like not yet counted as being infected.

  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,179
    edited 2020-04-05 22:03
    Totally. The US is severely, and chronically under counted at present. I have had nothing that intense, ever.
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 13,574
    potatohead wrote: »
    Totally. The US is severely, and chronically under counted at present. I have had nothing that intense, ever.

    Potatohead, can you describe what you experienced?
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,179
    edited 2020-04-06 03:59
    Yes, I will drop it in general discussion.

    http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/171429/i-may-have-survived-the-virus#latest

    And now back to P2 instructions, and such.

  • whicker wrote: »
    I wish there was a memory model that could page in and out code if programs get too large for RAM. My only experience with that is virtual memory, but maybe there's a simpler way?
    Earlier computers used what were sometimes called overlays or segments, where a block of memory was reserved for routines that could be swapped in and out as needed.
    Worked, but was slow (since you were constantly reloading from disk) if not properly implemented, and you couldn't have code in one block call another block without some tricky code.

Sign In or Register to comment.