Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller 2 Discord Server — Parallax Forums

Propeller 2 Discord Server

QuelloRoboticsQuelloRobotics Posts: 7
edited 2019-07-16 22:14 in Propeller 2
Not sure which thread it was posted in, but someone had mentioned that having a Propeller 2-focused Discord server could be helpful.
Created the following server with that in mind: https://discord.gg/9TkW8jD

Guidelines are pinned in the ‘general’ text channel, and there are categories and channels set up for more specific topics, such as ASM, Spin2, the P2D2 project, and more.

I hope that this is a boon to the community, and any suggestions to improve the server are more than welcome.

-Peter

Comments

  • I don't know who you are and I don't trust you yet.

    I would prefer to see Parallax create and control and moderate the discord server.
  • QuelloRoboticsQuelloRobotics Posts: 7
    edited 2019-07-15 18:50
    I used to be on the Forums as ‘MacGeek117”, but lost access to that account when the email associated with it was deleted. Since then have been mostly just reading the Prop2 sub forum trying to learn as much as possible.

    As for discord server moderation, there is a ‘Admin’ role with full administrator access that will be given to any Parallax employee and any Forum moderator that joins.

    I understand the distrust, and have set up the Admin role with the highest level of control and moderation possible in Discord so that those members here that are trusted and known will be at the controls.
  • I added it. Handle there is fatboy.
  • whicker wrote: »
    I don't know who you are and I don't trust you yet.

    I would prefer to see Parallax create and control and moderate the discord server.

    This member has been around for years with over 450 entries under his MacGeek117 moniker.
  • ke4pjw,
    You can set your name per server on Discord, so you could make your name match the forums just on the prop 2 server.

    I joined and am RoyELtham on there.
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2019-07-16 07:59
    I'm there as Tachyon. I'm using the Discord app on Linux Mint.
    Might have time later on tonight to contribute
  • Perhaps append the word "Server" to the title, giving "Propeller 2 Discord Server" (that'd likely be more complete/clear).
  • Hey, that was me. Thanks for firing one up.

    Headed over, will be Spud there.
  • Just curious. Why is the website called discord? Based on the definition of the word discord, it sounds like a place where people would argue.
  • I’m not sure tbh.
    It’s been around quite a while in the gaming community, but it lends itself well to other ventures.

    @JRetSapDoog good idea, went ahead and changed that
  • I’m not sure tbh.
    It’s been around quite a while in the gaming community, but it lends itself well to other ventures.

    @JRetSapDoog good idea, went ahead and changed that

    Did not see the change go through, so I went ahead and changed it..

    Moderator
  • evanhevanh Posts: 15,326
    edited 2019-07-17 00:42
    Dave Hein wrote: »
    Just curious. Why is the website called discord? Based on the definition of the word discord, it sounds like a place where people would argue.

    It's one of a number of packages for group voice chat, all developed for team based gaming. Basically IRC for voice. Teamspeak was the first I think. I used Mumble briefly when playing Eve.

    PS: There's certainly a lot of shouting that happens. :P
  • TonyB_TonyB_ Posts: 2,143
    edited 2023-11-04 19:43

    I can no longer access any Discord server via a browser. This has been ongoing for about a week. A "Did You Know" page that should be temporary is permanent with no way to access servers or messages (which are visible very briefly before disappearing).

    I'm using Chromium Version 92.0.4515.98 (Official Build) Built on Raspbian, running on Raspbian 10 (32-bit) on Raspberry Pi 4. Discord access was fine for me until this week. Could someone else please try to access the Propeller 2 or any Discord server via a browser? An HTML expert might be able to see the cause of the problem.

  • @TonyB_ said:
    I can no longer access any Discord server via a browser. This has been ongoing for about a week. A "Did You Know" page that should be temporary is permanent with no way to access servers or messages (which are visible very briefly before disappearing).

    I'm using Chromium Version 92.0.4515.98 (Official Build) Built on Raspbian, running on Raspbian 10 (32-bit) on Raspberry Pi 4. Discord access was fine for me until this week. Could someone else please try to access the Propeller 2 or any Discord server via a browser? An HTML expert might be able to see the cause of the problem.

    Can't you just upgrade your browser? Using a browser that old is an excellent way to get hacked.

  • I'm using the latest browser version that is possible for my system. Some people can't access Discord using Safari - different browser, different OS, same Discord website problem.

  • Working for me on Vivaldi 6.2.3105.54

    Though Discord lately seems to be more intent on pushing stupid features no one asked for than making sure anything actually works properly...

  • TonyB_TonyB_ Posts: 2,143
    edited 2023-11-07 22:57

    Discord accessible again for me after not working for eight days.

  • Amazing.

  • Discord "fully rolled back an API deploy." Amazing it took so long.

Sign In or Register to comment.